What are tabs?

[quote user="Cathy"]Clair - I still don't understand what tabs are?  What do they do?

Also what are plug-ins? Air fresheners [:D]

Thanks for the help.

[/quote]

Tabs allow you to open more than one window at a time (you keep the original window open in background) we have them in IE you know [;-)]

Plug ins are small (hopefully small) programs like PDF reader from adobe or real time vewer that sort of thing.

Thank you SOOOOO much.  Oh how I hate this technology sometimes. 

One last question.  When I elected to have Firefox as my default browser, it asked me if I wanted to import all the Internet Explorer passwords etc.  Because I was worried about this, I clicked 'no'.  How do I undo this because I would quite like them imported now?

P.S. Before today, I thought plug-ins were air fresheners as well.  But then, until this week, I thought cookies were American biscuits.

From a Computer Virgin...

"Tabbed browsing is one of those things that once you've experienced it you'll wonder how you ever managed without them "

Unless you're Mr. Tw and you insist upon opening every page in its own window. (sigh)

PS: Sorry, AnOther for the way I quoted you, but the normal way was showing up as gibberish/coding.