Hello all, help needed please!

My neighbour has received a letter from Orange stating the following and has asked me what it means:

'Votre attestation fiscale Orange Assistance n 2009-0000118754

Bonjour

Au titre des prestations d'assistance informatique et internet a domicile realisees pour vous par Orange Assistance, et dont le detail est donne ci-dessous pour l'annee 2009, nous vous remercions de prendre note du montant total des prestations effectivement acquittees ouvrant droit a reduction ou exoneration d'impot ; 110.00

CMD 110.00 - total acquitte reduction d'import 55.00'

I'm not sure exactly what it means so I hope someone can enlighten me as I've never received anything like this. They are no longer living in france are over 65 and have always paid their taxes in the UK.

Many thanks, Chris

Your tax certificate No. 2009-0000118754 Orange Assistance

Hello

Under

welfare benefits computer and internet service performed for you by

Orange Assistance, whose detail is given below for the year 2009, we

thank you for taking note of the total amount of benefits actually paid

entitlement has
reduction or tax exemption, 110.00

CMD 110.00 - total pay reduction of import 55.00 '

Only a Google translation but pretty good.

Hi Sueyh,

I'm not sure who installed it, I have a feeling the english estate agent they bought the house from may have helped with it as they couldn't speak the language. They certainly were not paying tax in France as they moved to France around May 2009 and as said are now back in the UK permanently due to ill health. It sounds to me as if they won't be getting something they may have been entitled to. That said, I never realised you could get a tax break if Orange installed your live box, why is this?

Chris

Hi ,

I am in the process of transfering to Orange for internet etc. There is something on their web page that gives a 'credit impot' if they do the installation for you. I presume that, as a tax payer in France, you get a tax reduction for this installation. Bit like a reduction of tax if you buy a woodburner etc etc.

tuppence

I think the tax break is for installation with the sat dish for the TV decoder. Normally this is €99 but if you have it installed by Orange they give you 1/2 back via your monthly sub and the Impots give you the other. The Orange tech will install the Livebox at the same time if required.

I must admit that I imagined it would be in the form of a discount on your tax not a cash payment. I installed my own dish so didn't take advantage of the offer.

No, you don't have to have the TV option to get the tax credit. According to the web site it is a special arrangement between FT/Orange and the state. In fact at present you can get 49.50€ tax credit, and a 48.50€ reimbursement from Orange, so your installation actually costs 1€.

http://abonnez-vous.orange.fr/residentiel/accompagner/installer.aspx?bo=1

If you buy a PC from Orange and pay for installation (including connection to the internet and peripherals) you get half that installation cost back as a tax credit.

Most prestations à domicile qualify for a tax credit, in the above case the prestation is not the installation but the act of the installer teaching you how to use the system or at least he is supposed to [:)]

Technically speaking someone receiving a visiting Thai body to body massage service in their own home would be able to get a 50% tax rebate on the prestation, but like most things they would just double the price anyway and they would be worked off their feet before the end of the tax year [:D]