Windows 7 Home Premium Languages

I had to get a new laptop yesterday, which is very nice .... I bought it on Amazon.fr and knew it was going to be in French, so I was I prepared for the extra messing around of remembering what's what en français. Had a big surprise when switching it on to be given the choice of French or English installation. And so I have my shiny new 17 inch whopper all in convenient English after all.

Just wondering if anyone else has got a new computer recently and had that option even though it is "only" 7 Home Premium? I did think it was only the Ultimate edition that allowed for language packs, this is an HP machine incidentally.

I bought mine recently, its a Compaq so is actually an HP so I am told, - good job I am not a badge snob, I dont recall being given the option but I would have chosen French if I had, however some of the error messages etc dont make much sense to me and it might be helpfull one day to switch temporarily to English.

How can i find out if I can do this and how is it done?

Thanking you.

It was the very first option presented when I switched it on for the first time, Chancer, and it said you couldn't change it once you'd chosen one or other. So I'm afraid it would be a complete reinstallation job, which would be rather impractical obviously .....

I can see how familiar (reassuring?) it is to be able to use your PC or laptop in English, but from experience, I know how frustrating it can be to relay error messages in English to a French Internet provider, when seeking to resolve a problem...