[quote user="HoneySuckleDreams"]

Isn't it that they are not new channels, just more live streams behind the red button? I can't find any reference on the BBC sites about 24 new HD channels, just BBC1,2,3 BBC HD and BBC ONE HD

[/quote]

Receivers of Freesat via a satellite dish will need to perform a scan to pick up the extra channels.

After doing my Humax, it indicates ch 150 to 174 are Olympic designated HD channels, with 150 being the 'Red Button' channel.

A rescan will also add the new C4/7 channel.

They should be there automatically on your Sly box,  or appear very shortly.   In fact it's Sky who is providing the satellite capacity (well actually it's SES but it's Sky who is lending some of their bandwidth to the BBC so that the 24 channels are available on "freesat" as well.)

The BBC were too cash strapped to hire any extra space as such,   so one can expect a certain amount of Sky "publicity" during "down time" on those extra freesat channels.   At least that's what many seem to anticipate,  a quid pro quo that the BBC will most likely have to "tolerate".   We shall see....

I would imagine that you could tune them in manually with reference to their parameters from here

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2B.html

and then access them via "Other Channels"

although I haven't tried.    You need to choose the HD or SD versions depending on your box's capabilities.

Ah but it's becoming a matter of honour now....

You've got to the Manual Tuning Page (ADD CHANNELS),  and you've input say the following

V

5/6

What message do you get when you select the FIND CHANNELS option at the bottom?   On mine there's a pause and then a list of Olympic feeds is displayed.   Have you got that far?

Sorry to pester!

No problems.

A good pestering from time to time is good for the soul

I actually tried to get the HD stuff:

H

3/4

But I got "No channels" ... or something similar, and the blue box at the top right (I have a Sky+ box with the new EPG) said something like "MiniTV no satellite signal is being received" (or similar) and I had to reboot the box

Thinking about it now though, I might have tried with the wrong SR i think I did 22 ... doh...

I will try again this evening as i'm busy at work now [:)]

However, My belgian mate in the office gave me this link:  http://www.rtbf.be/livecenter/  which allows you to watch all the olympic action during the day (so I was really busy yesterday watching the cross-country horsey thing and the sailing and hockey)

I will let you know