Omni directional aerial for caravan

We have always used 'Status' ones in the past.

http://www.thecaravanshop.co.uk/aerials-masts-tv-s/status-330/status-330-omni-directional-antenna/prod_48.html

I left the UK before it went digital so I would give one of these caravan shops a bell. We found the Status one better than those "Zig Zag" circular ones but the do come with a 12V amplifier.

Although the systems are called different names in France and the UK they are basically the same so if it works in the UK then it will work in France, no need for special TV's anymore. You will of course have to re-tune the TV when you get to France and you will not pick up UK TV. If you want the latter then you need satellite and that is going to cost you a lot more.

Certainly happy with the Status on our caravan, the type fitted to most caravans. Whilst directional there is a handle inside to turn it to the right position. There is also an amplifier. Digital reception is fine.

If you want to save a little bit you could try contacting a caravan breaker for a s/h one.

Thanks very much for the replies. I had come across the Status but the caravan shop I phoned didn't recommend it. Said they don't sell many of them.

I believe they are on special at Go-Outdoors so might try and get one from there.

Thanks again

Laurier

Laurier wrote the following post at 27/01/2013 17:54:

Thanks very much for the replies. I had come across the Status but the caravan shop I phoned didn't recommend it. Said they don't sell many of them.

I believe they are on special at Go-Outdoors so might try and get one from there.

Thanks again

Laurier

They probably don't sell many because modern vans generally come complete with them from new.

[quote user="powerdesal"]Laurier wrote the following post at 27/01/2013 17:54: Thanks very much for the replies. I had come across the Status but the caravan shop I phoned didn't recommend it. Said they don't sell many of them. I believe they are on special at Go-Outdoors so might try and get one from there. Thanks again Laurier They probably don't sell many because modern vans generally come complete with them from new.[/quote]

Or the trade price they get does not leave them with much profit.

Caravan manufacturers will be looking to profit but I am sure that if there was a superior make them a manufacturer would be installing it and making much of it.