Calling French 09 tele number from UK landline

Unfortunately we can't find ANY other number for them and there was no option for pressing buttons or details of another number to call.

As far as I can understand, 09 prefix numbers are VOIP numbers but does that mean they can't be called by an ordinary landline, have they just blocked non-France originated calls?

If you go to their website and under "CONTACTS" click on "Je contacte un conseiller", you can put in your French postcode and get an 08 number, which I think you can call from UK with no problem.

We have two of our cars insured with Groupama, the Assistance number provided to use from overseas is 33 1 45 16 66 66.

They may be able to give you the appropriate number for your inquiry.

We only have an 09 ... number in France, and members of our family in the UK regularly call us on it, usually several times a day.

So I can't think that there's a block on calling 09 numbers from the UK generally, in view of our own experience.

We gave up on the landline because it always seemed to be faulty: callers could hear us clearly, but not vice versa. We then found that there are two benefits of having nothing connected to the regular phone line: you don't need an ADSL filter, and you get fewer telesales people calling you.

[quote user="Araucaria"]We only have an 09 ... number in France, and members of our family in the UK regularly call us on it, usually several times a day.

So I can't think that there's a block on calling 09 numbers from the UK generally, in view of our own experience.

[/quote]

Are they calling from a UK landline or from  VOIP/Skype?

[quote user="DerekJ"][quote user="Araucaria"]We only have an 09 ... number in France, and members of our family in the UK regularly call us on it, usually several times a day.

[/quote]

Are they calling from a UK landline or from  VOIP/Skype?

[/quote]

Most often from a UK landline, but I believe we have also had calls from UK VOIP lines occasionally. Skype calls generally come to us as Skype at this end too (because we like to see who's calling).

Thanks for that. If your 09 number can take calls from UK landlines I've no idea why the Groupama 09 number rejects them. They don't even give an alternative number to call or button to press.

We got hold of an 08 number which seems to be a head office type number but were met with the usual recorded message which we couldn't understand at all.

Thanks anyway.

Mine is an 09 number (Freebox) but they also ported my old FT number and attached it to the 09 number, I can recieve calls from any country on either number.

If you dont know what the recorded message is saying it might be like my line which blocks calls from with-held numbers and gives them a message in French telling them to reinstate their caller ID if they want to get through to me.

Its worked like a dream keeping my family at bay for several years now, no more begging phone calls, I tell them that I have no idea what the message is they keep getting, no-one else has a problem and to write down what is said the next time and I will investigate [:D]

[quote user="DerekJ"]Thanks for that. If your 09 number can take calls from UK landlines I've no idea why the Groupama 09 number rejects them. They don't even give an alternative number to call or button to press.
We got hold of an 08 number which seems to be a head office type number but were met with the usual recorded message which we couldn't understand at all.
Thanks anyway.
[/quote]

Since you didn't respond to my effort to assist I assume you are unable to communicate in French. But some ackowledgement might have been in order[:(]

[quote user="nomoss"]

If you go to their website and under "CONTACTS" click on "Je contacte un conseiller", you can put in your French postcode and get an 08 number, which I think you can call from UK with no problem.

We have two of our cars insured with Groupama, the Assistance number provided to use from overseas is 33 1 45 16 66 66.

[/quote]

Well, I've obviously p*ssed you off. Sorry, that wasn't my intent. I referred to finding an 08 number and that was as a result of your suggestion, so a belated thanks for that. The resulting recorded message we received on dialling the number was indistinct, very fast and we couldn't understand it. Our French is far from great but not non-existant.

We haven't tried the 33 1 45 16 66 66. as you say this was for car insurance. Our need to speak with them relates to a claim on an artisan's deccenale insurance and it seemed a bit of a long shot that we would get very far using that number.

But back to responding to having upset you... I'm usually very good at responding to people trying to help me. In this case I've obviously failed. I apologise if I've struck a nerve... and yes, thanks for trying to help.

Or...and it may or may not work...go to their website here:

[url]http://www.groupama.fr/webcallback-spring-webcallback.html[/url] and use the "Un conseiller me rappelle" facility.

If your French is up to writing that you can't reach them from the UK on an 09 number, you may be able to get a callback.

Thanks for that... it could be useful. Our French is OK(ish) from a writing perspective.   We have emailed the department who are supposed to be dealing with this but so far just an automated reply saying  that the person we need is on holiday and giving an alternative email address - to which we have resent our email... so far a deafening silence.

At the moment we are trying another route.

[quote user="DerekJ"][quote user="nomoss"]

[/quote]

Well, I've obviously p*ssed you off. Sorry, that wasn't my intent. I referred to finding an 08 number and that was as a result of your suggestion, so a belated thanks for that. The resulting recorded message we received on dialling the number was indistinct, very fast and we couldn't understand it. Our French is far from great but not non-existant.

We haven't tried the 33 1 45 16 66 66. as you say this was for car insurance. Our need to speak with them relates to a claim on an artisan's deccenale insurance and it seemed a bit of a long shot that we would get very far using that number.
But back to responding to having upset you... I'm usually very good at responding to people trying to help me. In this case I've obviously failed. I apologise if I've struck a nerve... and yes, thanks for trying to help.
[/quote]

No problem. There is a Groupama office opposite our house. Coincidentally the lady there called me over on Friday.

I didn't think to ask about your problem, but I have to see her again on Monday, so could ask for an appropriate number if you like.

Thanks for the offer, that's very kind of you.

If you do get a chance to ask her that might be useful.

The number we can't get through to is:

09 69 32 03 19

It's the office in Groupama d'Oc in Aurillac.

We are now trying a different route to resolving our problem but being able to speak with them would potentially be useful.

Thanks again.

I searched (Bing) for Groupama d'Oc in Aurillac ang got the following phone number: 04 71 45 50 60. I don't know if it's the right agency.

Good luck, hope you manage to get hold of them soon.

If not, http://www.groupama.fr/groupama-dans-ma-region/presentation-mappy.html?codepostal=15000&trigcr=GOC brings up the 4 agencies in Aurillac, all with 04 telephone numbers.

[quote user="DerekJ"]It's the office in Groupama d'Oc in Aurillac.[/quote]

I agree with CBC65 if it is the agency below then the tel n° he has given seems to be the one.

Agence Groupama Aurillac

Address: 11 Avenue Gambetta, 15000 Aurillac
Phone:04 71 45 50 60

Sue

Thanks for the information CBC65 and Sue.

The letter head address of the office I believe we are dealing with isn't actually one of the agencies listed on that weblink.

It's actually..

Rue du Coq Vert

BP1091

15001 Aurillac

The department seems to be : ACPS Construction

Thanks for the input though.