When you say "the two feeds", do you mean you have a device to give you two channels at the same time from your one satellite dish?  Or are you talking about having one UK channel and one French one?  If the former, I think you would need two leads and also two TVs in order to (a) see what you are programming on the recorder and (b) play it back.  Apologies if I have misunderstood your question. 

Chrissie (81)

The simple answer is: NO

Not even for watching and recording two French TNT channels.

A DVD recorder is ancient history, you need a TNT/TNTSAT/CanalSat/Freesat/Sky (whatever you want to watch) decoder with at least two tuners and a harddisc recorder.

Hi,

What I am about to buy is a new tv that has a freeview and a freesat decoders on so I can watch freesat on my dish here in France and when we finally go back to uk I could watch freeview via an aerial..What I want to know if I also buy one of the new pvr recorders can I have one lead from the dish and then split it so as to have two feeds,this would then possibly give me the ability to watch and record at the same time.

Hope this makes sense,

John.

You can't split a single LNB the way you want you need a twin LNB with two cables. You can buy a twin cable that is two cables 'glued' together so you can pull it through as one cable. You then pull them apart slightly at each end in to two seperate cables. One goes to the TV and the other to your pvr recorder.

I believe you are best buying it online as I have not seen it in the Brico's but then I have not bought any myself. Have a punt round the Internet to see what you can find. Somebody else may 'come along' on the forum with a good suggestion of where to buy. Go for quality and not price.

More than anyone could want to know about cables can be found here

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/cableandleads.html

Certainly not cheap but great quality and their website has a very useful Tips section.  I rekoned that I was only going to run cables onces so i wanted to do it right but in fact I did it once (badly) then did it again using quality materials.  The result was a huge jump in signal quality from low 70% to solid 96%.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry not said thanks sooner and the information has been useful and at least I now know what I have to do.First think will be to try and find someone to get up on roof and run the new cable,on the way back to France now with new tv,sat box and sound bar cannot wait to get it all going.

John

Oh crikey - I see life in France is still as complicated as ever!!

Just use filmon.com - 10 hours free recording of whatever and whenever you like. You do have the internet in France don't you ???

DVD and MP3 players are due to 'expire' during 2014 - defunct due technological advances......

Chiefluvvie :-)