Can anyone tell me if its possible to watch something recorded on the box and still let someone listen to the radio,when I am in the lounge watching tv (footie) my wife would like the radio on to listen to radio 2 but cannot see a way of having both on at once.

Any help appreciated,

John

Assuming that the Humax box you refer to is the older Foxsat HDR, it is possible but....

You will need to install the custom firmware by Raydon and set up the Humax as part of your local network. Then put the Humax on Radio 2. Then you need a computer or tablet etc in the kitchen set up on the same network as the Humax box and you will need to browse to the recordings folder over the network and play the 0.ts file. This will be radio 2 playing with a very slight delay. At the same time you can play your footie recording in the living room.

If that is all sounds too complicated, you should probably think about finding another way to listen to radio 2 live via the internet on tablet or laptop etc. in the kitchen.

Danny

As from the past some of you will know I am not very good at this techy stuff,can someone tell me if I purchased one of these wifi radios would it pick up English radio through my orange live box.At the moment I have to log on with my lap top to the BBC to get the radio so not sure you can do this with these radios.

It only supports 4 stations at a time. You connect it to your desktop/laptop to set it up on your WiFi network. Select the 4 stations from the list that you want to program it with and save. You can find more information on their website http://www.q2radio.co.uk/ and you can download the latest software to see what stations you can really get from their download section http://www.q2radio.co.uk/downloads.htm It is very easy to use, or so people say. I don't have one, I simply Googled 'Internet Radio'. There are loads of them but this is one of the cheapest.

We have a Pure wifi radio (other brands are available!) It links to the orange box and you get hundreds of stations- no need to log on through a computer. Costs about £80 when we bought ours but worth every penny.