We are trying to take out a mobile phone contract with Orange in addition to the landline and Internet. It is proving to be an arduous and stressful task, the English shpeaking helpline varies from being helpful to difficult. I know I need to improve my french speaking but I'm at a loss how to move this on. We have provided no end of evidence that has been requested but the constant reply seems to be 'wait another day' and 'don't phone again for 2 days' ....none of this is helpful.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice in best way to deal with orange?

I don't think there are any others that offer English speaking help which is, I think, what the OP is after.

I had a similar problem changing from one type of account to another when there was an offer on. In the end I went through their website and ordered it all online and the the kit turned up within days. You can do this via one of these real time translators like Google which gives you enough to work your way through the online form. Alternatively you could try going to an Orange shop. Sometimes you strike lucky and find somebody who speaks a little English.

Shouldn't be if you have been with Orange for 12 months or more. There is, if you read the small print (and it is very small), a 50 Euro exit fee from Sosh even though it is not contract type account and you can leave whenever you want. There is no English speaking helpdesk either.

[quote user="Quillan"]Shouldn't be if you have been with Orange for 12 months or more. There is, if you read the small print (and it is very small), a 50 Euro exit fee from Sosh even though it is not contract type account and you can leave whenever you want. There is no English speaking helpdesk either.[/quote]

If you want to leave SOSH and go (or return) to Orange there is no charge.

If you want to go to other ISPs, nearly all of them offer to pay the 'get out' fees of your current ISP when you join them.

You are right about the English speaking help desk, however you can use a translator when using SOSH's 'chat' so not a problem.

That said I recently 'chatted' with SOSH, and was asked if I preferred to use English (so sometimes the French will be helpful!).