Windows10 & Google Chrome

We have a tower PC & an iPad - the latter is by far the more used.

Normally, the PC is used for creating / modifying documents, although from time to time for dealing with other things which the iPad has difficulty with.

A few days ago, a problem arose with access to our normally used sites via the PC. After doing all the usual diagnostic checks (it took ages) I then found that there appears to be a worldwide problem all of a sudden with 10 & Chrome. Seemingly 500k+ people affected!

Anybody else had the problem & has anybody got a good solution? I’ve tried deleting Chrome and re-loading, but that didn’t work. Its not the end of the world, but more than a bit irritating.

Thanks in anticipation.

No problem here with running Chrome and Win10 but here is smthg that you can try that might help .. but it certainly won't do any harm.

Step 2. Clear Cache and Cookies on Google Chrome

1. Launch Google Chrome.

2. Backup your important bookmarks or accounts.

3. Use shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + Del.

4. Clear your Chrome browsing data, like the browsing history, the cache and the cookies.

Gardian

I run W10 with Chrome without (m)any problems.

You don't say exactly what problem you're having.

Everyone's PC is different to the next, different software, different hardware, so problems are often difficult to diagnose.

What happens ?

Whilst you are having problems with Chrome .. try downloading Opera. It is light, functional and secure.

Gives you good internet access until Chrome is sorted for your pc.

Edit : if you get on with Opera then perhaos make it your default access until other probs are sorted out.

Did as you suggested Sue, then I (temporarily) took down my McAfee firewall, fired up Chrome ........ et Voila !!

Firewall re-set.

Hopefully, that’s fixed the problem, but we’ll see when I next try to start up. It all reminds me of Mrs G’s time when she worked in a special school for emotionally behavoured students. One of the boys (aged 14), when being interviewed over his alleged ‘carnal knowledge’ of a 12 year old girl, replied “I don’t know how I did it ....... but I did !!! “

Thanks to everybody for your helpful suggestions. A great help.