anyone out there for this nice couple?

They would not fare at all well if they go into a refuge but I think would easily suit a nice retired couple?  From another forum :-

Owner died suddenly leaving two little dogs, (mother & son, Jack

Russells lookalikes, 12 & 10) searching for a kind home.

Please contact us ASAP if you can offer these two gentle little dogs a

new life and home ...

(They both have fully up-to-date passports: Chip N°945000000489810

and Chip N°945000000487512)

Yes- Russethouse to the rescue again!  Thank you - can you tell me how you do it?  What was I doing wrong?  I do like to get these things right if I can without bothering other people and not a total numb-skull.......

I have just copied the link onto a posting on anglo info brittany as there is a gentleman asking for a dog, due to his wife leaving him after 35 years and he wants a dog as a companion. Fingers crossed that he may be interested in both of them

Just checked the anglo info Brittany site and no responses yet - no news is good news, so am keeping my fingers crossed for them. Can't take them myself as we have six very dominant, all male and very territorial dogs plus three cats! Any more, and I think my husband will divorce me.

What about contacting the Phoenix Rescue, which is run by an English couple who rescue and rehome dogs, cats and other animals. They are based in the Dordoigne and might be able to take them or perhaps know of someone who might be willing to take them on. Don't know the telno but I think if you google it - it should come up.

Christine thank you!  Yes they are both neutered, vaccinated and have an up to date UK passport.  They are very well behaved and a joy to have around - not at all 'old' for their ages and very lovable - the lady who is looking after them tells me this and is getting a bit frantic as her husband flatly refuses to keep them beyond the next few weeks despite her wanting to keep them!!  Really hope someone can help them soon.

OK, just heard from the lady looking after these little dogs and we really DO need to try to pull out all the stops for them if we can!  Her husband is getting very difficult and wants rid...... she's very stressed about them and needs advice as to what to do next.  They have been plastered on several forums and Phoenix and Poorpaws know of their plight but all are very full up.  They are not old for Jack Russells but they look a bit long in the tooth because they are a little overweight and I suspect could do with more exercise.  Followers of the forum know that I am full up also at the moment with another in the pipeline next week from Carcassonne for fostering........ how can we help these two I wonder?  They need to stay together.  Help!

• 2 weeks later...
Thrilled to report that these two have now found a home together - in fact they have ended up with the same family who took the beautiful sad Mastiff!!  All together on a working farm in the Gers with an English family!

This is such great news. Well done to all, especially the very kind family who have taken all three lovely dogs. Really do hope you get as much as pleasure as we're getting from our rescue dog Albi.