Albador (one-eyed spaniel at Carcassonne) is still alive

Sorry for upsetting you all (and myself). It was a misunderstanding, he had just been moved.

But you see how quick I was to believe ther person who told me he was gone...things are very critical there. And I KNOW we lost one last week, a perfectly healthy chasse dog, who had been there for just that little bit too long......

Does anyone home chasse dogs, or even dogs that have never been on the chasse, but look like they might have been?

Sorry again for the heartache. I will try to get some sleep now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albator has been there since May 2008.  He is a lovely, friendly, playful four year old who somehow lost an eye, though that does not bother him.  He is in danger there now and needs to be free and happy in a good home.  We had a fright the other day when we thought he had gone and it made us realise how important it is that this should never happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ff8HyEqTVY&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3q2DsAeZhw&NR=1

• 2 weeks later...
He;lo

To answer Rowans question about chasse dogs, my rescue was a failed chasse dog and whilst she was a bit of a trial to teach to come back when off the lead she is now pretty much 100% obedient, she is a Griffon and I would recommend them to anyone.

So glad this one turned out well, but if even one has doubts dont turn away from an ex chasse dog just because of the chasse bit, think of the awful life they will have had and give them a chance!

Panda x

Hey, Guys, to bring you up to date.

They are a lovely couple, they have a spaniel already, who normally hates other dogs, but she liked Albator (or Albi, as he is to known from now on) and that clinched the deal. He is being tattooed today and they are collecting him on Friday at 1400. I will go and take photos of his departure from the SPA and post them here.

I am over the moon. After 2 years, Albi is going to be a very very happy boy.

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in him. Lots more dogs to rehome, still....

Rowan

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/Albator.jpg[/IMG]       [IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/Albator1.jpg[/IMG]

Three big smiles!  I just wish I could meet these wonderful people and give them a big hug.  They drove quite a way the other day and again today to save Albator.

There is no doubt about how happy he will be!  Aren't there some wonderful moments in all this darkness.  Never give in.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]   [IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/Albator.jpg[/IMG]     

There is no doubt about how happy he will be!  Aren't there some wonderful moments in all this darkness.  Never give in.[/quote]

Such glorious happiness; it is splendid to witness the difference between the sadness/despair in the photos on page 1 of this thread and the pure joy evident on page 2.

Albi perhaps doesn't understand his good fortune just yet ... but he will, given time. What a super couple too.

Sue :)

Albator (Albi) is enjoying his new surroundings and is such a joy to have around. Albi is learning the new doggy laws from Soda our springer spaniel and they are getting to learn to play togther.He has been introduced to lots of new walks and really does have a spring in his step. He is just lovely

Welcome BJC !  What a lovely surprise.   You really don't know just how happy you have made me.  Now I can really give you both a big hug (and of course to Albator and Soda).   [kiss]

What you have done is extraordinary.  So, so pleased to hear that all is going well.  I wish you a very, very happy life together and look forward to more photos of Albator, maybe.

Love,

Christine xxx

Sorry, I should have said Albi.   [:)]

Yes I will definitely post some photos. Have been trying to get the dogs in the same place at the same time, but so far failed!!

Thank you for your kind message, we will keep you posted of Albi's progress

Hello BJC

So glad you have joined the forum and let us know how Albi and soda are getting on..

How hope it all goes well for you and woul love to see some photos too when you have the time ..he looks a smasher ....

For those out there who are interested in Albi's welfare, here's a quick update!! He has fitted in really well,full of fun and such a gentle dog. He is enjoying his walks more and more each day, not so sure of the snow though. His coat is lovely and shiny after having a lovely bath and a change of diet. As far as he and Soda are concerned, they are getting more tolerant of each other. As long as Albi leaves Soda's toys alone they should be ok! Training has kicked in and he"sat" on command for the first time today.If anyone does want to see photos please email and I will forward them on. Sorry cant work out the uploading on here!!