For Horse Lovers

OMG Frederick thank you for showing that and the kindness and dedication of these men for saving this horse and the other animals, also for the way they stayed so calm with him to let him gently get out without panic.

Last night on the news it showed a house under water with just the roof sticking out and three horses floundering by it, trying to put their heads towards the roof, their only hope of something.  I can't stop thinking about them.  It's awful, just so awful.

I can't stop thinking about them either, Christine.....I just keep telling myself that these horses MUST have been saved! We've just rescued 4 young alpaca and I've already told my OH that IF there is a rain storm in the UK like the one in Queensland then the alpaca are coming upstairs..with the dogs..and him...if he's lucky!!!!

There have as far as the  Rockhampton floods are concerned been many horses and cattle saved. . Many have been moved to the show ground on the edge of town . Rocky is a cattle town . Many residents spend the night listening to the bellow of cattle  as they are out of location and unsettled ... Horses lumped together are fighting a bit but they are safe ... What I find extordinary is a cow was found on  North Keppel Island which  is a couple of miles or more off the coast... It had been swept down the river out to sea ...and swam ashore on North Keppel ...

Terrible tragedies for so many people and animals!  It's awful.  As it is in Brazil - did you see that poor woman grabbing a rope with one hand with her dog in the other, dog lost in the torrent - but she managed to hold on and be hoisted up a building. 

A few bits of happy news in amongst all this bad stuff is heartening at least!  The power of nature is incredible and no-one knows when their number is up!  So make the most of each day as it comes!

Jouals

[quote user="Frederick"]It had been swept down the river out to sea ...and swam ashore on North Keppel ...[/quote]I used to take one of my naggies to Camber on a regular basis and when I took her in the sea she used to just set off as soon as she got out of her depth and I reckon I could have gone the whole way to France if I hadn't steered her back to the beach!  It is extordinary what good swimmers these large animals are, given that they don't exactly get much practice.  Happily so in these circumstances.  Lovely piece of video, Frederick.