Compulsary microchipping for all dogs proposed

[quote user="Renaud"]When we first got Rocco, a rescue dog, I took a couple of days off to help settle him in. On the second day I got a call about a potential pitch for a city PR company’s corporate identity, I drove into the city for the briefing. Rocco, along for the ride, did not like the idea of being left in a dark car park so I took him with me. We passed a guy soliciting donations, sitting with his dog outside a tube station. Rocco was fascinated. We got to the PR company and were both shown into the boardroom which had a fine reproduction antique table. As the brief was explained to me I could hear the sound of gnawing, one leg of the table had now acquired a bit of character. I chose another way back to the car, again passing a guy and his dog begging outside a tube station. Strangely, I did not win the pitch for the PR company’s corporate identity but I have managed so far to avoid Rocco’s career choice for me – to be with him on the pavement outside Putney station.[/quote]

The guy I used to see was at South Kensington tube when I had the V&A as a client. It was all the tin's of 'extra strong' lager around him that gave the clue as to where the money really went.

Talking of table legs I had a rescue boxer many years ago. I had just taken delivery of a new Ford Scorpio and left the dog for 20 minutes in the car. She managed to pull the dog guard down, got in the front of the car and ripped the dashboard and a door panel totally to bits. Took it to what was then Sun Insurance a Croydon for them to have a look. It drew quite a crowd of assessors as nobody had ever seen such an insurance claim before. Cost about 5k to get it put right. Bought a fold up dog cage after that.

Beggers in London ...with or without a dog...( but do better with one ) at the begging "hotspots " they are prepared to fight others to hang on to.

The mail line stations . the church steps and the like .. Can take in excess of £200 per day

In the latest Money Saving Expert email it says that The Dog Trust will insert microchips free of charge, although as it is a charity obviously donations are welcome

* We once left our Lurcher x Labrador in  our Opel Kadett and returned to find he had destroyed the lining of the ceiling ![6]

Frederick,

It goes a bit deeper than that with the "begging sites", "beggars" have to pay protection money to stay on the site. There is no fighting to stay, no pay, no stay.

RH,

As for having a dog that destroyed the head lining of a car, wouldn't happen in my world as I wouldn't leave a dog on it's own in a car, but in the case  that I did and it did, the next thing being destroyed would be the dog. As you can tell I am not a dog lover. I think that not only should they all be micro chipped they should be fitted with an electrical sender and their owners should be fitted with a receiver so that when the dog fouls the pavement their owners should get an electric shock. [:D]

It was our fault, we shouldn't have left him, He was a lovely dog, devoted to me, but he was my first dog  - one word from me and he did what he liked...

I like dogs but since that I haven't had another one. I sometimes think I'd like a Dachshund or a retired Greyhound, but so far I've resisted. My friend has a lovely dog, well behaved and friendly, good with children. She happens to be a rottweiler but I don't think anyone has ever told her. [:)]

[quote user="Renaud"]Nick P If you in your car damaged a dog, would you have the car destroyed? You can tell I am not a car lover.[/quote]

I wouldn't run over a dog,  my car is much too valuable to get dog bits all over it! Also I need the car; don't need a dog. [:D]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

I think he wants to be microchipped so that we can track him down!

[/quote]

What like the animal rights mob when they were digging up bodies. [:D]

And to Renaud, like all members of this forum if I read something and it interests me I'm entitled to comment, as are you. Just because my views don't suit your world doesn't mean they aren't entitled to be aired. If my comments were inapropriate I'm sure the Moderators would intervene. Or are you a self appointed moderator. [Www]

I know you are entitled, good for you. I was only wondering why you were so interested in microchipping for dogs.

I love the word inapropriate.

Is it raining, so you are stuck in front of your PC until you can buff-up the polish on your car?

[quote user="Renaud"]I know you are entitled, good for you. I was only wondering why you were so interested in microchipping for dogs. I love the word inapropriate. Is it raining, so you are stuck in front of your PC until you can buff-up the polish on your car?[/quote]

Why am I interested? Well I think all dogs should be micro chipped, and that no dog should be allowed to roam the streets unaccompanied. Yes, as you ask it is raining here at the minute, is it raining were you are; or are the boarding house bookings so bad at the moment that's why you've got time to pick up on typing errors? [:D]

Mods Hat ON

OK guys lets leave it at that. People have the right to express an opinion regardless of if you agree with it or not. I can't see that by carrying this on there is any meaningful contribution to this thread. If there is any more I shall delete the thread.

Mods Hat OFF