Cat age

Lizfjr

Can anybody help me know the age of my little cat? She is 2.1 kilos. I need to know so that I can get her sterilised as soon as possible.

Also, what are the signs that a cat is coming into season?

I don't know this info because my cat was a rehoming and I had my last cat for 13 years and have forgotten when we had her done.

Take her to the vet and ask if they are prepared to neuter her at the weight she is. You can't tell the age of a cat from her weight.

I'm just off to pick up two of mine who have had the op today. They are only 8 months old but have been rather well fed by my mother and weigh quite a lot more than that.

You can't tell the age of a cat full stop.  The cat that adopted us was taken to the vets to try and identify here (no chip no tattoo no chance) and then later for injections.  On inspection he declared that she was probably older rather than younger probably between 8 and 13.  He then examined her teeth which were in a poor condition and said definitely older and then said, but some pedigrees do have a record of poor teeth, she might be only 3 years old.

As suggested, take her to the vet and let him/her decide when it should be done.

We took our lovely old boy cat to the Vet on Wednesday for a little problem to be sorted out and out Vet told us, very proudly, that this cat is the oldest on her books as he is now 21 and as sprightly as ever, tho he gets a bit grumpy when the weather's damp because of his articifial hip and upper rear offside leg bone.  Like we all do sometimes when we get on a bit!

We've only had him 4 years and he's absolutely delightful, his age can be veriofied because his UK paperwork/passport is all in order and age is documented!

We took our lovely old boy cat to the Vet on Wednesday for a little problem to be sorted out and out Vet told us, very proudly, that this cat is the oldest on her books as he is now 21 and as sprightly as ever, tho he gets a bit grumpy when the weather's damp because of his articifial hip and upper rear offside leg bone.  Like we all do sometimes when we get on a bit!

We've only had him 4 years and he's absolutely delightful, his age can be verified because his UK paperwork/passport is all in order and age is documented!

Young kittens have two sets of teeth.  Once they're down to one set,  ageing a cat is pretty much a no-no, as said above. If you don't know her parentage then it's well- nigh impossible to tell if that's her adult weight or not. 

She's in season when there's a queue of male cats on your doorstep.[:-))]