New ferry service with pet-friendly cabins

val douest

From a recent press release issued by Brittany Ferries:

Brittany Ferries is to start a new no-frills service on 25th March. There will be a weekend service between Portsmouth and Santander in northern Spain and five return crossings between Portsmouth and Le Havre, one of which will be freight-only. Branded Brittany Ferries économie, this new product is designed to appeal to those who wish to travel to France or Spain at a reasonable fare without the extra facilities normally provided by Brittany Ferries. Customers can expect good quality French catering on board (with a limited choice) served by bilingual French crew. The cabins will all have en-suite facilities, but without carpets, and there will be a lounge where seats can be reserved on overnight crossings. Pet owners will welcome the 12 pet-friendly cabins and there will be two specially equipped cabins for disabled passengers. Entertainment will be restricted to a movie lounge. One way fares for a car plus two this spring will start at £79 to France and £169 (including reclining seats) to Spain.  For more details see http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/press-office/blog/41230/07-02-2014---Brittany-Ferries-starts-new-no-frills-service-Brittany-Ferries-economie-from-Portsmouth-to-Le-Havre-and-Santander?page=1

Have BF come up with a good way of taking dog owner passengers onto their ships from other carriers with the dog friendly cabin idea.?

Or will we soon be reading  on here posts from flea bitten passengers  due to dogs on beds ?

Personally ....although I like dogs . I like them off beds   I  hope if the ferry is  busy they do not give me a designated dog friendly cabin  if they have unbooked ones ...

• 2 weeks later...