Ruled writing paper

Benjamin

Not really French education specifically but a good place to ask.

When I was a youngster (no, don't ask) you used to be able to get hold of lined paper which then had a feint line mid way between the main two lines (still with me?).

The purpose of this was to help those in the early stages of learning to write to get the correct sizes for both upper and lower case letters.

Does this still exist either in the UK or France?

[quote user="Benjamin"] When I was a youngster (no, don't ask) you used to be able to get hold of lined paper which then had a feint line mid way between the main two lines (still with me?)

[/quote]

Oh goodness... please dont remind me!  I am naturally left handed but when I started school I was 're-taught' using my right hand... I remember clearly sitting in the corner with my lined paper (pink lines and blue lines) and having to write line after line until I could do it neatly whilst my fellow classmates played!  [:(] [:P] [:'(]  [Www]

And I thought I was the only one "re-taught" to write using my right hand. I was told to sit on my left had so that I couldn't use it to write with. I even had it tied to the leg of the desk so that I couldn't sneak it up onto the desk and swap hands when the teacher wasn't looking!!!! How things have changed

Pads and Nell... I'm not alone then!  yes I had to sit on my hand and even today I hate it when people see my handwriting!! 

As for lined writing paper here in france, all our sons school books have to be a variety of squares... (which he likes) but we have also managed to find a wide variety in the larger supermarkets.

I am here almost five years and still cannot cope with those writing pads with small squares. However the kids here all have lovely handwriting so they are doing something right. We have been teaching our youngest kids to write so I had my sister in Oz send me some exercise books with horizontal lines. Lynda and Richard - that creepy crawly avatar of yours is bothering me - I keep swiping the screen thinking it is a rogue ant...!!

[quote user="Benjamin"] As for the rest of you................I never thought I'd be sharing a forum with a bunch of Lefties.  [;-)]

[/quote]

... it's the reason for our creativity too![:D] [;-)]

[quote user="Polremy"]And I am lefthanded too!! All the best people are you know.[/quote]Humph.  I consider that to be a rightist remark.  Mods : Is right-ism allowed on here?  I can't help it if, when I try to write with my left hand, it comes out as mirror writing.

Funny about the stationery thing.  When I was little and we came on holiday to France, one thing I always took home with me in great quantities were French exercise books which seemed very bright and exotic compared to the stuff handed out by my school.  And I just loved those little squares, for  some reason.  Weirdo?  I expect so - possibly because I write with the wrong hand?