ANTI-POLLUTION FAULT

chirpy

This has happened to our Citroen C8. We took it to the garage and they reset it. They said if it happened again they would take it in and it would take a day to sort out. About ten days later it happened again and we took it back. They spent about two hours on it and said that it was fixed. So far nearly three weeks later it has been fine. Our French isn't up to asking too many questions and understanding technical answers so we don't really know if it is a serious problem but they didn't seem too bothered at the garage.Does anyone have any more information about this fault?

Brian (86)

Brian and Ab,

Wife has a Diesel Picasso and when it developed an electric fault (the

indicators were permanently on right turn !!) I googled Citroen forum

and a few came up, this one should be OK for you to ask or read what

others have to say. Not much in C8 but quite a few in C5. Have a

look around this site and maybe google some other options. We found out

what the problem was and under guarantee, the "indicator stalk" was

changed FOC.

http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/citroen//index.php?act=ST&f=51&t=849&s=9a60b67880277f3cfb7e8d15fef6c0c2

As they say on the forums, welcome to the crazy electronic world of Citroen [;)]

I had this problem on a nearly new Peugeot 807 last summer in France. If there is a percieved fault with the anti-pollution protection the vehicle will automatically restrict the driver to around 40 m.p.h. On my vehicle all it needed was for the sensor to be changed and no problems since.