More on Telepeage

La Guerriere

[quote user="Croixblanches"]Yes! Can't really think of any more to add![/quote]

I can: Take it with you, and ask for a new support for it at the first offices you see. Pointing it at the receiver works, but is a pain if you're on your own and have to change down too.

Alcazar

[quote user="Richard-R"]Elastic band on the sun visor works for me when swapping it between our cars. Make sure you keep it out of view when parked up.[/quote]

Wish I'd thought of that when mine refused to stick[:(] I HAD a roll of black tape in the car for emergency headlight dippers, too

Eventually got it to stick by warming it over one of the car's vents, while hot air blew on the screen[;-)]

Alcazar

• 2 weeks later...
Or did you mean the 20 odd lanes in each direction on the A6 and A7 - we need them.  This time of year 40 minute queues on Sunday afternoons to pay - even with a card.  And that's the best reason to have a doofer that I know.

Am I the only one to think of this? I've had a doofer for some time now - wouldn't be without it, since most of my journeys are on my own and running round the car at the peage not much fun. But I've often wondered, why don't the motorway companies just give these away, instead of charging for them. Surely it's in their interest to have more automatic barriers, reduce personnel costs, card handling costs, etc. But then again it would throw people out of work - strong unions - mm, maybe not.

Patrick