No Receipt for car

jb in 24

We are moving over in about ten days, and have had our headlights changed in preperation, however in spite of hunting everywhere can find no receipt anywhere for our five year old car. Can anyone help in advising what will happen if we cannot provide one and if ther is any alternative we can provide. Thanks for any help.

I went through registration process in december(La Rochelle). I too was worried as I had lost my bill of sale. Not even mentioned at any stage. I do not know how old your car is, I think it;s mainly new cars they look into. Mine is an S reg.

[quote user="jb in 24"] however in spite of hunting everywhere can find no receipt anywhere for our five year old car. .[/quote]

We couldn't find ours either and said so to the very nice lady in the quittance office; she said it did not matter at all in our case as our car was old, as proved by the V5 we had just shown her. IIRC it only concerns new/newish cars.

Sue

[quote user="Spg"]

[quote user="jb in 24"] however in spite of hunting everywhere can find no receipt anywhere for our five year old car. .[/quote]

We couldn't find ours either and said so to the very nice lady in the quittance office; she said it did not matter at all in our case as our car was old, as proved by the V5 we had just shown her. IIRC it only concerns new/newish cars.

Sue

[/quote]

Its also required when registering under the voitures de collection scheme, so applys to new and old but not between

I had bought a classic car for a French friend, we couldnt trace the seller when my friend came to register it so I simplay made out a receipt for him buying it from me (i.e. repaying me the money I had bought it for him with), it was accepted by the authorities even though I was not the last registered keeper.

It is just that the dossier is not complete without that peice of paper, any signed and dated piece will do!

In 2004 I re-registered our 1997 Krautmobile but was not asked to provide an invoice/receipt for original purchase. My advice is always to got to your Prefecture and ask for a list of docs that they will need - then worry about how/where to obtain them.

John

not