Selling a RHD car in France

debseal

We're in 87 - Limousin. Anyone know anyone who buys older RHD English registered cars in France?

Ours is an S reg Ford Focus, 123,000 miles on the clock but still going brilliantly. MOT til Nov. Tax til Dec.

Is there any alternative to the long drive back to UK with it now we've got our smart new LHD?

There are companies who do this.  However, when a friend of mine contacted them, the price they offered was laughable.  Much more hassle but you'll get a lot more for your car if you can be bothered to return to the UK to sell it.  Alternatively, just re-register it and drive it into the ground over here!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="spg"][quote user="debseal"]

Anyone know anyone who buys older RHD English registered cars in France? [/quote]

You can do it but you will need to be proactive. Have sent you a pm.

Sue

[/quote]

Why do you need a prophylactic. Sounds interesting[:'(][8-|]

[quote user="trumpet"][quote user="spg"][quote user="debseal"]

Anyone know anyone who buys older RHD English registered cars in France? [/quote]

You can do it but you will need to be proactive. Have sent you a pm.

Sue

[/quote]

Why do you need a prophylactic. Sounds interesting[:'(][8-|]

[/quote]

Now I know the powers that be on here my say I need to have my mouth washed out for even mentioning it but... There is another website that you can enter for sale items on for free. You might get lucky and find somebody that is going back to the UK that might just relieve you of it! You will need to keep the price low though!

[quote user="debseal"]

We're in 87 - Limousin. Anyone know anyone who buys older RHD English registered cars in France?

Ours is an S reg Ford Focus, 123,000 miles on the clock but still going brilliantly. MOT til Nov. Tax til Dec.

Is there any alternative to the long drive back to UK with it now we've got our smart new LHD?

[/quote]

Yes, you could give it to me, and I won't charge a penny. [;-)]

[quote user="Mel "]

I agree - can somebody share that idea please as there are many folk who may have a similar problem?

Or perhaps it was pm'ed because it is a dodgy deal? [/quote]

I am afraid there is nothing dodgy about the info; I definitely don't do dodgy, ever - I am far too squeaky clean. I merely informed the poster that we had sold our French registered ex-UK RHD estate car quickly and easily through this website. As she had not heard of this free ad site she was pleased to be told about it.

Sue [8-|]