Citroen 3 comments please

Sunshine

I am thinking of purchasing a used Citreon 3 and wondered if there were any known problems with this car. Do you own one and happy with it or has it been a costly experience?.

My reasons for choosing this car is that the seat is a little higher than normal and economical to run and we do not need a large car. I know the seats in the rear are a little short of room but this is something we can live with.

I have checked the Citroen car club but apart from some odd snaggs there seems to be little in the way of problems with this car.  Until I moved to France I would never have considered a Citreon but when in ROME!.  Any comments and thoughts for and against would be gratefully appreciated.

If the forum things this is not the sort of question to be asked then PMs would still be appreciated.

I had a new C3 diesel in 2002, it had the 92 bhp diesel engine. I sold it when I moved here to a friend. I put 50,000 trouble free miles on it and it now has 80,000. I still think that it was one of the most comfortable and economical small cars that I have ever owned.

If I didn't need a 4X4 now I would have bought a new one here.

[quote user="Tag"]Never buy a used Citroen they used to say. May have changed but I doubt it.[/quote]

Have worked on DS and 2CVs apart from forgetting everything you ever knew about BMC A series and Ford's Kent they seemed well engineered and easy to work on . These days they are just Peugeots in drag - sic transit gloria mundi - Conservativly engineered cars my list are any Mercedes or Pre Kaiser War Cadilac. Nissan = Toyota., Volvo,  Peugeot = VW.  BMC 1800 was the best example of how the UK lost it in the 1960s . Crayford created an estate and found there was no point putting  any strength back after they had fitted a rear hatch. MB put one ( Crayford Estate) on their crushing rig and found it was stronger than their current salons ( which were stronger than anything else on the market including Volvos)

I like Citroens myself, we had a diesel C3 here in the uk but, the primary fuel pump failed and the Morons (UK Citroen dealers) struggled to diagnose the fault even tho they were told it was a possible pump failure. By the time they had got round to changing the pump they had dented most of the cars body panels. Eventually I gave up with them and demanded a full refund on the car. It had the high power diesel engine and was a great car really but, I could not put up with incompetent want-to-be mechanics.

On a better note, I'm lead to believe that the Citroen dealers in France can actually repair cars !

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new Citroen Diesal C3, when we arrived in france in 2004, in my opinion, fantastic, great on fuel, lovely runner and more spacious in the back than you would imagine, but then before this i had a bright yellow megane cabriolet !!  I, to date had no problems and the citroen garage is about 5 minutes away and they are great,  service around 130 euros but not had an MOT yet as this is 4 years in france !!

I would most certainly recommend them, my french neighbour even when and bought one as she saw how grt mine was, and trouble free !!

Kelsxx