Vintage French car

Wendy

Our guest has just arrived and parked a vintage 1920's Citroen in the drive. It is a magnificent sight! Long, cream coloured...it looks like an old Bentley or Rolls. I have never seen one on the road, has anyone else?

Will do if possible.

Ernie, these people are French...they know the score. [:)]

This car is as old as the last century and yet it is in mint condition. Do they have vintage car clubs here?...

My OH has a  2 door 1983 Volvo 340 (steel blue colour) and reckons it is highly prized...I say it is the most uncomfortable car I ever rode in. He refuses to get rid of it.

Lovely aren't they.  Yes they have classic car clubs here and there are some great cars - although interestingly all the members of our club are desperate to have old British or Italian cars.  In September there is a particularly nice procession of pre-war cars that goes through Bruniquel called 'Les Poilus'.  All the owners dress in period costume.

Your Volvo can't be as uncomfortable as our Triumph Spitfire was - nastiest thing I ever rode in.  Fortunately when we moved here OH swapped it for LHD TR which is actually pretty comfy as it's 35 years old.

We've been fortunate enough to find someone locally who owns an immaculate 1929 cream and black Citroen C4 cabriolet - it'll be the bride & groom's car at our son's wedding in June.  The man who owns it runs a 'wreckers yard', but this (and about 7 other vehicles in various stages of renovation) are his pride & joy.

Jura, Last year around this time we were thrilled that our village was one of the checkpoints for a ralley of vintage cars of every desdcription. They started arriving in our village around 22.00hrs and the last one checked in late just after midnight. There were bentleys ,Capris , Astin , Austins , you name it  and it was probably there. They started out in Perpignan and drove to various points through the night. Now I will probably make a real faux pas here, my daughters were histerrical last time I said this........it was called the `nuit de capots longues or nuit de longues capots[:-))]  the night of long bonnets

It has been pointed out to me over lunch by Mr O that the ralley was probably classic more than Vintage.......still a sight for sore eyes though .

We've got a classic run scheduled for the weekend May 31st/June 1st. and expecting a mixed bag of between 50 and 60 cars.

Should be a hoot, the MG's all poshed up ready to roll. Dusting off the wicker hamper and hoping to lay out a very English picnic somewhere along the way [:D]

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/Numriser0003_small.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/Numriser0004_small.jpg[/IMG]

Cerise, that old Volvo was not comfortable for 'anything'...make of that what you will.

Still the OH intends to hang onto it...the car and our 5 year old son are 'connected' in an 'uncomfortable kind of way' as memory serves me...[:D]

By the way, that old Citroen was a 1935 model...I have two pics and am awaiting the OH to load them onto here for all to admire. It was a beauty for sure. Cream with a grey interior.