Close Call

ams

Yeasterday the better half and myself were returning from La Rochelle airport heading for the A837 when we encountered multiple cars flashing us coming in the opposite direction. We initially thought it was a speed trap, but the level of flashing and horn beeping made us nervous so we slowed down to 100k per hour. Then suddenly a car flashed by us driving in the outside lane going in the wrong direction about the same speed as us.

this morning a french neighbour told us that the driver killed himself in a head on collision. We keep seeing the car all day.

ams

[quote user="Weegie"]The 25 year old driver of the Golf travelling in the wrong direction and the 36 year old driver of a vehicle which was met by it - innocent victim.

[/quote]

I think you will find, that the Golf driver was the innocent party.

This cannot be the same incident this crash was "sur l'autoroute A61 Toulouse-Narbonne", I think somebody is getting their incidents or newspaper reports mixed up unless he drove an awful long way on the wrong side of the road.  This autoroute goes nowhere near La Rochelle.