19.6 % or 5.5 %

sharkhunter

Ron - maybe it's an invoice total, or an international telephone number? [:P]

Sorry, only joking. But in all seriousness it looks like an honest confusion between Siret and Siren - the number given on his website for the Siret is too short at nine digits (this is the Siren - the Siret has an extra 'establishment code' tacked on the end), while the TVA number is normally determined by tacking the Siren on behind a FRxx prefix (he seems to have used the Siret instead). Yes, I agree it's confusing.

He may also like to consider the Speedferries link from their website...

Hey guys, i asked a question about tva on car repairs.

SD, i don't repair cars or renovate them cos i don't know enough thats why i renovate houses, mechanic v joiner see the difference !! 

In relation to the tva number/siret number/siren number you got me there, if i give you the e-mail of the guy who set up my/our web site perhaps you could ask him that question, point is if i could have created my own website then i would have, much like the above point, i am a joiner not a computer expert.............................the fact is i am a qualified joiner and i am also registered with chambre de metiers, i pay my taxes, cotisations, tax fonciere and tax de habitation, i also pay my accountant the exorbitant amounts he requires to keep me within the LAWS of working in France.

Some of you guys are extremely helpful and most often gracious in your replies, occasionally you tend to drift off subject and pontificate on other matters that bear no relation to the original question..........come to think of it if we all new as much as you all expect of us then there would be no need for this forum, then what ?????

So if your trowel breaks that is not your fault either?  How ridiculous.

If you are going to put info on your site which you choose to have a link to in your posts and therefore are getting free advertising for your business,  then at least get the basics of registration right.[8-)] 

You say that you are registered but who can tell.  The numbers you quote as proof are nonsense numbers.  With the level of suspicion about the registration and insurance of many "english" builders, particularly where you are from, having a Siret number and TVA numbers that are obviously inaccurate and not easily checked does not fill me for one with confidence in your attention to detail or confirm what you are actually registered and what you are covered for.

Your response to the help given also suggests that you would adopt a less than helpful attitude to problems arising during work that are " not my fault".

Would not it have been better to just say, thanks for pointing out the errors on MY site, there are problems with MY site, which advertises MY business and I will make it MY responsibilty to get MY registration numbers corrrect?

Ron, I think, as I said previously, that it was an honest error, and if sharkhunter left the website to somebody else, as most tradespeople who are not totally IT-savvy do, then unless he understood the difference between Siren and Siret and how French TVA numbers were formed (and being sensible he entrusts these matters to an accountant), it is perfectly understandable. I am sure now it has been picked up, the mistake can be easily rectified. I can understand your comments about attitude, but I would personally put that down to a reaction, after perhaps having a tedious day, to some comments that I would freely admit appear pedantic in response to a simple question which could have been answered by a single sentence.

It's no big deal, and certainly not 'nonsense numbers'. It is perfectly possible to do a search on a Siren number as well as a Siret. In fact some of the search sites ask for the first nine digits of the Siret - in other words, the Siren.

.  With the level of suspicion about the registration and insurance of many "english" builders, particularly where you are from,

Please explain the comment above, in particular the bit where you say ' particularly where you are from'

PS i do not use a trowel, hammer, saw and chisels yes, so if you are so keen on people getting it right then look in before looking out, also you may deal with people in your walk of life that tell lies and you are now conditioned to having a suspicious nature. I do not like being called a liar, more so by someone who has no idea as to who i am and judges me by work done by others, re web site.

So i will not resort by dropping down to a  'tit for tat'  level and hopefully after your reply to the above question we will see an end to your attitude towards me ??

[quote user="sharkhunter"]

With the level of suspicion about the registration and insurance of many "english" builders, particularly where you are from,

[/quote]

It seems a shame that you have taken what I thought was helpful advice as an attack on your integrity etc when nobody had actually mentioned whether you were registered or not.  However, as for the quote above there has been a number of posts on here recently about dodgy builders/maintenance companies operating in your area and now being chased through the courts for work not done,one particular pair have ruined many people's lives by taking money for work up front and not doing it.   So you can see why people are rightly suspicious and having correct registration numbers at least leads those who want to use English builders for whatever reason,  to a degree of comfort that the people they want to use are at least properly registered and insured for the work they are offering.  Better than a "new" local English builder here who claims to be registered and turns up to do measurements for Devis in a UK registered car with a 2005 tax disc.  Do I think he is registered for anything, would I check his SIRET numbers and insurance, you bet I would!!  Incidentally I understand that the two fraudsters in your area drive round in a UK registered 4 x 4, that should have set bells ringing with most people I would have thought!!

[quote user="sharkhunter"]

So i will not resort by dropping down to a  'tit for tat'  level and hopefully after your reply to the above question we will see an end to your attitude towards me ??
[/quote]

A good idea sharkhunter but as for your hope to see an end to hostilities..............  I should point out that RA considers that he is giving you "helpfull advice".

No I couldnt see it either.

Cat, thank you for your intervention in this matter.

Ron, I am Scottish and although there is another Scottish builder in the local area i am at pains to let anyone know who contacts me that we are not one in the same. I drive a French registered van, have been gainfully employed in the renovations industry here for four years ( running a business ) and offer all our prospective clients the opportunity to meet people we have done work for, there are people on our web site who would welcome anyone who wants to view our work, which is a big ask to invite strangers into your house, and also to invite them to ongoing contracts or supply references. Can i also say on the point of references how easy is it to supply names and addresses/telephone numbers of dodgy mates who will verify anything for a quick buck/euro ??

Basically i had the hump because you made reference to the fact that we had a few errors on our web site and then intimated that all was not as it seemed. Please do not take this the wrong way, but i have no need to prove anything to you because you are not a client nor a prospective client however in this instance,  if you wish contact me personally  i will supply you with all the info you require to satisfy any query you may have.

If you choose not to then i will assume that you meant no ill will and as such i will accept your previous postings as an offer of good intention.

To all others who have offered assistance in the original matter, thank you, the matter is now resolved....19.6 across the board for all car repairs [:D]

"Basically i had the hump because you made reference to the fact that we had a few errors on our web site and then intimated that all was not as it seemed".

To refresh memories what I actually said was " He must have the longest TVA number in France, most or indeed all usually only have 11 numbers prefixed FR, not attached an invoice number by mistake have you SH?

So you can see that I was merely pointing out that your TVA number had too many numbers in it, this can happen as it did to a friend of mine if you inadvertently use an invoice number, nothing more nothing less. 

[quote user="Nick Trollope"]

BTW, what is wrong with his TVA number? Looks fine to me.

Or has it been changed?

[/quote]

At the risk of dragging this out further........[Www]  Nick you posted this yourself here http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1158888/ShowPost.aspx

"There is no compulsion to show a SIRET number on a devis. Normally, digits 3 to 11 (ignoring thr "FR") of a TVA number are the SIRET number

Sharkhunter has this TVA number  TVA FR 5949911480900019  So if it should have 11 digits which was also my understanding, it has five digits too  many.