Boulogne to Abbeville peage

loirelover

If like us you have the correct money ready at the A16 peage at Abbeville going towards Rouen, the toll for a car is now 7.10, up from 6.90.  It surprising how difficult it is to find 20cents in the half light! Does anyone know the toll towards Paris on this road, I believe its cheaper than going down the A1 from Calais.

Using a card is much more straightforward - and if you're the careful type, there is the offer of a receipt by pressing the correct button. Far too many Brits still seem to think the card won't work - I see long queues of Brits in very affluent cars waiting to pay cash,while scruffy locals like me use a British card to sail through! My Barclaycard never failed me in all my Autumn runs to Rouen. Can't be certain about A16, but it's years since I encountered a problem with a British card here.

This is true, I have even seen British reg cars reverse out of a Carte Bancaire lane and join a cash queue thinking their card won't work.

The best thing to do is get a Telé Péage badge (aka Doofer) and just sail through the reserved lane with little or no queuing.

Far far easier, if you have a French bank account to get a doofer from ALIS. No deposit, no usage charge just the cost of the tolls.

Sail through the Telepeage lane whilst others sit in long queues to hand over their money.

Paul

In 4and a half years I have never yet had to queue for a carte bancaire péage barriere.

I clearly dont live in a popular area!

At the Boulogne sur mer peage there is still a RHD barriere with a British flag above it, it has been out of action for a long time now.

My astuce, as I usually travel alone, is to carry one of those rubbish picky up stick thingies, mine folds in half and fits under the drivers seat and I got it from a local medical supplies warehouse.