Registering Cars in France

René Artois

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once...

Both are over 10 years old so the cost of the carte grise will be halved. The basic cost depends (mainly) on the fiscal rating (CV) and (secondly) the département in which you live. Your Nouvion is in 14, isn't it René?

Good moaning...

[quote user="René Artois"]I have 1991 Lotus Elan M100 & 1975 Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto that I want to register in France. They are both LHD, speedo kms and headlights correct for driving in France.

What is likely cost and will the Alfa due to its age have any benefits or disadvantages?[/quote]

Lotus: no choice, Carte Grise Normale. See http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F19222.xhtml, there's a table which tells you what paperwork you need

Spider: over 30 years old, can take the easy route to a Carte Grise Collection - see www.ffve.org

You haven't said whether they are they currently registered in your name in an EU country? Non-EU imports are more problematic.

If you do a search on the re-registration subject on this forum (or indeed on others which cover similar issues) you will find plenty of opinions and comments, and just occasionally some useful bare facts. Beware those of posters who all too frequently use the expressions IMHO and AFAIK, go for those who give you info and refs.

They are both currently registered in my name in the UK. I am a UK citizen currently living in Italy, but will be moving to France, probably Burgundy later this year.

I am of a vintage where I do not know the meaning of IMHO AFAIK or LOL. I thank everyone for their help and useful information.

[quote user="René Artois"][quote user="Chancer"]

Loads OTrouble Usually Serious

(I own an Elan S4 coupé)

There must surely be loads of them for Alfa?

[/quote] Why is it when I try to quote the above happens?[/quote]I can't remember but I know I found a cure by doing a seach.  I'll try and remember where I found it....

[quote user="René Artois"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Got it!  Are you running IE?  If so click "Page" and make sure "Compatability View" is checked.  When it is, the problem should correct itself - well, it does for me anyway.[/quote]

Tried it did it work?[/quote]

Yes it did thankyou

[quote user="René Artois"][quote user="René Artois"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Got it!  Are you running IE?  If so click "Page" and make sure "Compatability View" is checked.  When it is, the problem should correct itself - well, it does for me anyway.[/quote]

Tried it did it work?[/quote]

Yes it did thankyou

[/quote]I can take none of the credit.  It was one of the computer-literate lot on here (can't remember whom off hand though) - glad it works.