Alis Toll Tag not debited this month

DerekJ

Anyone using the Alis Toll Tag who hasn't had their bill debited this month? My understanding is that it should have come out on 5th May but checking our bank account nothing yet.

Nothing has changed at our end that should have effected the direct debit.

It's not that I'm really keen to pay but I don't want to come over this weekend and find the doofer isn't working.

I've emailed Alis but no response yet...  Anyone know if the very helpful Christine Zurkinden is still with Alis?

Have you tried looking at your on-line account? We were switched to online-only billing some time ago and now do not receive hard copy of our bills: we receive an email and we have to download them as PDFs from the Alis site. Looking at our most recent bill, it was issued on th 14th May (previous bills have I think been earlier in the month).

[quote user="DerekJ"]I'm not anxious to hand over my money but as we are about to travel I don't want to find the doofer isn't working.
[/quote]

At least you have the fall back option of using money or cards so all is not lost even if it is not so convenient

Yes, we've had the notification of billing email and have looked and found the entry on our on-line account. However, looking on line at our bank account the amount has not been debited.

Alis say....

Your bill, including details of all your trips, is available in the customer area of the website between the 10th and 15th of the month following the

month in which you made the trips (e.g. if you made some trips in

January, the bill is available between 10th and 15th February). You

receive an e-mail as soon as it is online.

The sum is debited from your account on the 5th of the month following

the issuing of the bill. E.g. the cost of the trips made in January will

be debited from your account on 5th March.

We realise we can still use the tolls but not having access to the "fast lanes" is not what we want.

It is all very well having cards and money but I presume Derek drives a UK registered car it is the insults he will get from French drivers who have to reverse from the T lane to let him out to access one of the pay booths.

Will check our bank account later to see if they have taken their money.

[quote user="DerekJ"]Yes, we've had the notification of billing email and have looked and found the entry on our on-line account. However, looking on line at our bank account the amount has not been debited.

Alis say....

Your bill, including details of all your trips, is available in the customer area of the website between the 10th and 15th of the month following the

month in which you made the trips (e.g. if you made some trips in

January, the bill is available between 10th and 15th February). You

receive an e-mail as soon as it is online.

The sum is debited from your account on the 5th of the month following

the issuing of the bill. E.g. the cost of the trips made in January will

be debited from your account on 5th March.

We realise we can still use the tolls but not having access to the "fast lanes" is not what we want.[/quote]

Just checked our bank account: payment has not been debited yet. I don't think that you are going to have a problem: I have every confidence that they will take their money eventually!

For your first toll of the trip, choose a lane that is EITHER "télépéage" OR card. That way, if the doofer works, you'll know it's ok, and if it doesn't you can still use a card, and will be spared the embarrassment of reversing out.

I did that when I suspected my doofer was coming to the end of its life.

Angela

Thanks for all of your feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to check your accounts.

Paul has "hit the nail on the head" regarding my concerns if it doesn't work.

Angela... you are right, I'll not take the 30kph lane on leaving the Calais area towards Rouen but leave myself the option to make alternative payment.