ALIS/EASYTRIP Toll Transponder

Pickles

Pomme thanks for the BIP&GO mention.

Have now signed up with them rather than take the easytrip route. My reasoning:

Was the Alis move to easytrip simply a way of increasing the cost - is easytrip part of the same group as Alis? And what is the link between easytrip and this new crowd - is it a simple name and price increase change.

BIP&GO seems about the same cost as the new crowd but why should I play easytrips game.

I see where you're coming from Paul, I also looked at BIP & go, the charges are the same as Area but you have to pay a 10 Euro joining fee and 6 Euro delivery. So me being mean with cash, verified by her who must be obeyed, LOL I'll stick with Area and see how it goes, they offer the same benefits including Spain, Portugal, plus Car Parks.

[quote user="Un autre Gallois"]Many thanks, Pickles. It looks as if the tariff is fairly competitive for us in France so I shall probably take up the transfer arrangements. Use in Spain is becoming less of a benefit since some of the APs have now become free - came up from Murcia last weekend and a significant distance was free.

UaG[/quote]

Not taking anything up just yet - just received the "offer"; they are proposing "formule ALIS 20" which has a monthly fixed tariff of, wait for it, a fixed monthly fee of 2.50€! My previous agreement was 1€ per month of usage.

UaG

• 3 months later...
Hi, just a warning about Easytrip who have sent an email telling me my account for 25€ for June is available on line (despiteI my sending the doofer back on 14 March). Looking at Trustpilot it seems that I am not the only one - so my prélèvement bancaire arrangement has been cancelled (should have done this as a matter of course, but these things tend to be overlooked).

UaG

I had the same message from EasyTrip saying I owed 25 Euro, I sent an E/mail saying why as I had returned it? I got a reply very quickly, very unusual for France, saying: maybe it was because of the lockdown at the post office or because of a failure in their database, also would I please be patient and they would return the cost when they investigate. I didn't understand the 25Euro charge anyway as the original information was that if you didn't return the tag the charge was 35 Euro. I wonder if they just charged everybody 25Euro and kept their fingers crossed that people wouldn't challenge it.

Yep. I got the email, too, even though in a previous email they confirmed that I would not have to pay anything because they weren't able to send the promised return envelopes to the UK. They just said to dispose of the "badge" safely.

If you try to contact them now to challenge it, they have effectively shut down as far as communication concerned.

I have instructed my French bank not to pay it but getting French banks to play ball with cancelling direct debits is apparently not as straightforward as it should be....

Fair play to Credit-Agricole. I sent them a copy of the Trust Pilot review page, telling them I believed it was fraud, and they rejected the direct debit claimed by Easytrip. My statement shows 25 euros debited and recredited on the same day.

• 2 weeks later...
An update on the Easytrip saga,  I returned the badge in March using LRAR.  Last month they took €25 from my CA account for "non-restitution".

I emailed them a copy of the Acusé de Réception and, pleased to say, got a refund of €25 into my account.

Just a pity they took a "blanket" approach to the matter.

• 1 month later...