Why do you stay in France?

Rose

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just as well as there is no sugar!  There's no oil either and we're freezing and to top it all the gas ran out as well, so we have to finish the cottage pie in the microwave and cook the veg on the camping stove... the joys of living in the country without mains...!!! Anyway, kettle's boiling!

[quote user="Teamedup"]Come on tell us, don't you just find yourself smiling as you read the threads, if I do, surely a lot more of you do.[/quote]

I do, definitely. I wouldn't come here otherwise.

This one has been a lot of fun. I really didn't find it overwhelmingly negative. Quite the opposite.

[quote user="Keni"]

I have been following the 15 pages or so, as usual. I know I have 'spoken' with many of you in the pst about various things.

These threads from you all in France keep our spirits going when we can not be there,even if we fail and don't get there, we just want to be able to say we tried.

Keep up the help and information,

Keni & Chris

[/quote]

That's the nicest and at the same time saddest thing I've seen on this thread (but I haven't read it all!).  Keni and Chris I hope you soon have your little bit of France and in the meantime I hope we shall continue to keep your spiritis going by sharing ours with you and perhaps by helping you to get here.   [:)]

[quote user="Jon"]Witches of Midi....stop making me smirk.....I hate you all, but I suppose I would stand you a drink if you ever broke down in the South Vendée [:P]
[/quote]

Jon, if there's less than 300 days of sun a year in your dept, I won't be South Vendeeing it any day soon. I'm a huge frileuse[:D].

Pink spec's: allergic to alcohol? I would love to be a fly on the wall watching you try to explain that concept to one our dear Languedoc vignerons. You'll be sent straight to the nearest mental hospital[:D]. Trust me, I know!

Twinkle, I own up, I'm a very intelligent 9 year old.

LanguedocGal2 - I've already tried to explain to a very nice waiter in Brittany - got very flustered and apparently started making up my own language... OH found it highly amusing... Sad thing is I love a drop of wine and partial to vodka!  I remember them well but something happened when I was pregnant (apart from the obvious) and once it was ok to drink again... well I couldn't!  Quite common I'm told?  Never met anyone else with the same problem though so not sure if they just told me that to make me feel better!   [8-)]

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="LanguedocGal2"]

I own up, I'm a very intelligent 9 year old.

[/quote]

You are a prodigy LG, but it's not the done thing to boast. Someone should be watching out for your social development too.[:-))]

[/quote]

Sorry about the boasting Tresco.  I always forget.

JK, is it ok if i'm 9 and three quarters?

Pink specs, I'd avoid our adorable vignerons down here. However, if you do drink some alcohol, you'll probably be spared the asylum. I'm always on the look-out for the day 'they' come for me. Have managed to avoid them thus far but don't know for how much longer. If  I disappear from the forum, you'll know where I am, being indoctrinated in the art of ''wine adoration'' by some butch vignerons[:'(]

Twinkle not too good...

I had my project cut short due to budgeting..and have a sneaky suspicision my wonderful company is going to try to terminate me using that as an excuse. For once I am a little happier with the CDI contract.

Am drinking Vodka my self... :):) and looking forward to going and killing a few paper targets on saturday. :)