Work Permit

carp-guru

[quote user="carp-guru"]Having worked for BMW for several years within the UK do I need a work permit at all , to work in France or the EU for that matter ??   [/quote]

Much though I would not wish to contradict SD, I don't think it is quite as simple as SD indicates: eg you could have a work permit and right of residence in the UK but still need a VISA to enter France if you are not an EU citizen. Are you an EU citizen? If not then the answer is "it depends" (eg on whether you need a UK work permit, how long you have held one, etc) - you may still need a work permit.

Pickles

Hi Pickles. I work in the UK and am a UK resident for 38yrs so it was a general question. I am looking at moving to France and am looking into the posibility working in/at BMW France . I haden't heard of any problems with employment but I thought I would ask even so.

[quote user="carp-guru"]Hi Pickles. I work in the UK and am a UK resident for 38yrs so it was a general question. I am looking at moving to France and am looking into the posibility working in/at BMW France . I haden't heard of any problems with employment but I thought I would ask even so.[/quote]

hi

OK  there is a lot of difference between a UK resident  and  a UK citizen.!!

Dave