Challenge & Co

George

I am looking into starting a business here in France as self employed. Having read about all the administration, cotisations and costs involved I have been looking at alternatives.

Does anybody work for, or know anything about an umbrella employer, called Challenge & Co (freelance in France). I am seriously considering using them as my employer but would like to hear from anyone who is using their services and how well it works.

Would be grateful for any information if anyone has any.

I am with them as well, and only have good things to say about them so far (it's especially nice that they have a native English speaker on staff).  I may register one day, but for now, it's a great way to check out the market and let someone else take care of all of the registration/paperwork (not to mention the benefit of being eligible for chômage later on down the road)....

• 2 weeks later...

They don't say anything about material cost which is a large part of my turnover, how would suppliers get paid

A lot of my work is 5.5% TVA so I am not sure how they deal with that

Seems to me they are more like a labour agency and best suited to people working freelance for an employer with no business costs beyond basic expenses etc

They charge quite a lot too, I would miss 7% of my turnover

I think it is probably cheaper to pay an accountant, and, if necessary employ a casual book keeper a couple of days a month

My local Chambre de Metiers can supply me with a book keeper on an agency basis at around 15 euros an hour with a minimum requirement of only 4 hours per month employment. They pay all cotisations

Le Plombier

I am looking into starting a business here in France as self employed. Having read about all the administration, cotisations and costs involved I have been looking at alternatives.

Does anybody work for, or know anything about an umbrella employer, called Challenge & Co (freelance in France). I am seriously considering using them as my employer but would like to hear from anyone who is using their services and how well it works.

Would be grateful for any information if anyone has any.

Many thanks to all who replied to the above.

I think after a little more research, I will be giving them a try.

George