cheque emploi TPE

connolls

Hello,

Just a query to see if anyone has had any experience of the cheque de emploi TPE system ? It would be really helpful if anyone could let me know of their experience, as an employer using the system (ease of use, practicalities etc etc), and also if anyone has been paid using this system (again ease of use, practicalities etc etc). And any tips on setting it all up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the replies and the links, NormanH I don't know whether this helps at all. My friend set up his registered small gardening business last year and  it has taken on so well that he now needs help to complete all the contracts that are coming in. We bought  a house a couple of years ago in Dept 87 and have been in the process of renovation to hopefully do a small B&B business in a couple of years time. We have had to return to the UK each winter to earn pennies to continue the work on the house. He has suggested that this year we could return and earn a "decent" wage by working with him and not have to return to the UK, which would be really helpful to us.

He is siret registered and only wants to employ myself on the cheque de emploi TPE system. When we agree the wages does he have to work out what the tax, social charges etc will be or is this done "automatically" and is there a pro-forma on how to work out what these rates will be (i.e if he wants to pay me 10 euro's an hour, how much on top of that will the other charges be).................or is that as long as a piece of string. (obviously he will want to know what his total outgoings will be) to see if it's a viable option. Or does he decide that he only wants to pay out a "total hourly rate" say 15 euro's including the tax's etc...................GOD, I think i'm babbling on now and in danger of confusing myself. it's early days of talks for us yet but any help would be useful just for my information as we hope to return in the next couple of months.

Thanks for any help NormanH.[8-)]

best regards.

We know nothing about paying a business employee this way but we pay our gardener under the ordinary CE system.  There the net pay to the employee has to be 10% above the minimum wage (to cover holidays for which there is no other pay).  The cotisations for us and the employee, all of which are payable by us, are worked out automatically when we register online the amount we paid him for the month.

I suspect the small business as employers scheme would be similar.  I have not looked at the CESU website to check but it may have details?

Mrs H

He can't use the 'ordinary ' CES to employ somebody to work for a business.

That is only for an individual who wants to employ someone at their home, such as a cleaner, gardener or even someone to coach their children.

This is the system most of us who have used the CES are used to.

You have a special chequebook, and pay with a check from that.

Later you receive a bill for social charges.

It means that you are legal, and if there were an accident for example there are no awkward questions.

At the same time the person receiving the cheque has contributions towards heath and a French pension paid

I only worked for a short while on this system, but the contributions showed up on my final pension calculation[:)]

However the situation you describe would need to be under the TPE mentioned by Claire

It is for a business which has under 5 employees.

One possible catch is that it doesn't cover a 'régime agricole' so it would have to come under 'enterprise de service'

You can see a list here together with the office which deals with each sector.

To see how it works you can look here

Both my links are in French, not because I am being awkward, but because I don't know how to link to an English version.