Is there an equivalent

Mr Coeur de Lion

For part-time (and even for full-time) jobs, your best bet is to register with temping agencies like Manpower, Adecco and others.

The jobs are generally paid at minimum hourly rate, and flexibility is definitely an asset.

In my area, such agencies provide in some cases up to 60% of the manual workforce, as they are the employers and allow the companies which use their staff to neatly avoid the hefty social charges involved in having to take on staff for short-term contracts.

full-time work = travail à temps complet

part-time work = travail à mi-temps

Have tried a few of those and nothing has come up. Trouble is my French is average and the type of work I've done in the past is office based, so I wouldn't be an asset to anyone I don't think.

I really just want a part time job that gets me out of the house, and is enough to feed me and stop me dipping into savings all the time while I get some sort of internet business up and running.

Basically unskilled work I guess.

Thanks for the translations though.

If you do an advanced search on the pole emploi website you can specify the keyword "Anglais" - this will bring up all the jobs which require English. You can then set the system to email you whenever a job meets your search criteria. I have found 2 part time jobs this way.