Bumpy Plaster

I wish to achieve what I am told is called "Bumpy Plaster" onto a stone wall. The wall is not attractive enough to leave as is.

Bumpy plaster looks as if it has been applied by hand, and the plaster follows the contours of the stone, thus giving a contoured effect. It can be applied by the professional plasterers so I know the term "Bumpy Plaster" is correct, but can find no info on how to DIY it.

Bjorn.

Could that possibly be what I think is called "Tivoli".

I don't really now much about it except to say that I have seen the small gadgets that apply the plaster in the builder merchants here in France. Perhaps you already know about it and it is not what you refer to but if you do not know it is a metal box with a handle on the side and you put the mixture inside it and turn the handle flicking the mixture onto the wall.

If it is what you could use maybe somebody else could explain more about it as I have to render a block wall and was considering using this method as against using a plasterers trowel and hawk to carry out the job.

Weedon(53)

tyrolean finnish as our good friend miki has pointed out is a finnish achieved with a "metal box type flicker fitted with a brush " skip and dash or slap and dash is done with a trowel finnish think what you are after is a spray finnish??? have a look at the machine mart web site uk in air section might give you an idea of what you want the spray gun with a big hopper  might find something out there similar hope this helps. we are moving to area 79 in march if you can wait until then might be able to help more ...........................dave

Mix up some lime plaster, put some marigolds on, spray the wall with water and throw the lime at the wall. When you have a reasonable area covered (1/2 sq metre), spray with some more water (but not too much) and smooth the plaster with you hands.

Messy but it works!

Mark61120

Do you mean plaster for internal use or render for external use?. For internal use Lutece 3000 L responds well to the water and marigold method described previously and with a little practice looks very much like lime plaster applied 100 years ago and great fun. Dont forget to cover everything in the area ( about 200 meters around the house should be OK) as the plaster gets everywhere and wear safety glasses, plaster splashes make your eyes burn as if you had rubbed them with a wire brush. You will also need a few bottles of beer or wine (to drink while waiting for the plaster to go off to the correct state.

Have fun

Peter