Looking for Good Notaires

Chief

Hi.

I am in the early stages of the ‘Moving to France’ Process.  I am seeking to obtain recommendations for Notaires.  I am unsure at this stage, which region (Dept) I will be in.  In preparation however, I am compiling a list of recommended Notaires.  If you have had a particularly positive experience with your Notaire during your house purchase, I would be very interested in receiving their details.

If you can help, please email the Notaires contact details to  [email protected]   All responses acknowledged.  Thanks Dave

Notaires  name

Dept

Address

Contact Name

Web Address

Email

Tel No.

Strange request - thouands of notaires all over France, many good, some bad perhaps.

Isn't is normal to use :

a) the notaire that the agent recommends

b) which is usually the same notaire as the vendor

c) a local notaire to the property.

If you are still unsure and are buying privately, find your property, then enquire about notaires in the area, especially if you need an English speaking one.

We used our local notaire (as did the vendor). He was great as a little problem cropped up with the attached barn which didn't belong to us. He drove round and spoke to the owner, our elderly neighbour whom he knew, and sorted it out immediately.

I have just deleted the helpful stuff I wrote on another post by this trawler because I could not understand how he had posted 42 posts on here but was still in the very vague, "I am thinking of moving to France" stage then I found this by doing a search.  

"The project is a small part a portfolio of management work that i will be undertaking and submitting as part of an MBA.  The submitted project will be specific to myself"

Well if he is doing an MBA in the UK,  a sizeable cost if his firm or in this case your UK electricity bill probably is not paying for it,  I think he has no intention of moving to France and is just getting the MBA coursework done by the good people on here.  Well not now this one anyway.

Hi Ron.

Afraid your way off the mark with your vitriol.  The MBA is self financed and comes about as a result of me setting back my immediate plans for a french move, having realised that, in wanting to move to france and also develop a business, i was woefully unprepared.  the MBA seemed like an excellent way to marry to two items together, and allow me to develop a realistic and well thought out schedule for my eventual move, something to which a lot of posts here allude to on a regular basis.  There is nothing here on the site that i cannot find and have not already found in the numerous books and other outlets i have researched.  What is here, is a lot of practical experience, which is a far better substitute than most theoretical grounding, which has its purposes but is not the compete picture. The request on this post is of a similar ilk and has nothing to do with teh MBA.  My thoughts are that when i decide where i am to be based, a simply spreadsheet search on say departments will yield a list of Notaires known to members, who have proved to be worth their salt.  Seems like an infinitely better way to go about it that taking a chance and crossing my fingers.

Perhaps before youi make any further accusations, it might be prudent to post a question for clarification.  It seems pretty sad that such cynicism arises so readily without the need to substantiate ones feelings, but hey...thats the british way.....

Adios (cheers for the spelling dick :-)

[quote user="chief"]

Hi Ron.

Afraid your way off the mark with your vitriol.  The MBA is self financed and comes about as a result of me setting back my immediate plans for a french move, having realised that, in wanting to move to france and also develop a business, i was woefully unprepared.  the MBA seemed like an excellent way to marry to two items together, and allow me to develop a realistic and well thought out schedule for my eventual move, something to which a lot of posts here allude to on a regular basis.  There is nothing here on the site that i cannot find and have not already found in the numerous books and other outlets i have researched.  What is here, is a lot of practical experience, which is a far better substitute than most theoretical grounding, which has its purposes but is not the compete picture. The request on this post is of a similar ilk and has nothing to do with teh MBA.  My thoughts are that when i decide where i am to be based, a simply spreadsheet search on say departments will yield a list of Notaires known to members, who have proved to be worth their salt.  Seems like an infinitely better way to go about it that taking a chance and crossing my fingers.

Perhaps before youi make any further accusations, it might be prudent to post a question for clarification.  It seems pretty sad that such cynicism arises so readily without the need to substantiate ones feelings, but hey...thats the british way.....

[/quote]

So in the very "early stages of the moving to France process"!

Notaires and their staff do actually move and eventually retire. Ours retired. So it might be better if you ask the question when you find a property to buy, and then you'll get up-to-date advice, rather than an a list which might by then be inaccurate. As John says, you seem to be putting the cart before the horse.

Good luck with the house-hunting.

Chief

Just to put Ron's response into perspective.

There have been previous instances of people using this forum for undeclared commercial research purposes.  In some cases, they have even created multiple usernames in order to disguise their intent or to continue their research, even after discovery and suspension.  

This forum works on the basis of sharing information freely with "genuine" enquirers (ie, those who are already living in France or intend to move here), so any query which does not appear to be in good faith can be highly annoying for members such as Ron who spend a lot of their own time researching the necessary information so that their responses are relevent and, above all, accurate. 

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Chief

Just to put Ron's response into perspective.

There have been previous instances of people using this forum for undeclared commercial research purposes.  In some cases, they have even created multiple usernames in order to disguise their intent or to continue their research, even after discovery and suspension.  

This forum works on the basis of sharing information freely with "genuine" enquirers (ie, those who are already living in France or intend to move here), so any query which does not appear to be in good faith can be highly annoying for members such as Ron who spend a lot of their own time researching the necessary information so that their responses are relevent and, above all, accurate. 

[/quote]

Point accepted, and i am sure Ron is good at what he does and is very helpful, but the accusations and vitriol are unwarranted. And in fact plainly rude

Thanks for your reply though.

Dave

In another post you have mentioned that you have narrowed your search down to three areas.  To name these may help you to get a more positive response.  At least then people in the other areas needn't waste their time sending you information you will have no intention of using.

Dave

Most notaires are reliable and trustworthy, it might be a wiser move to decide on your area, and then ask for pm's suppling the names of those that people have found to be otherwise.

It is usual to use the notaire of the vendor, although certainly possible to choose your own to split the work.  If you do decide to split the procedure between two notaires however, it is likely to take longer to complete on the sale, and is unlikely to work to your advantage.

Notaires do not work in the same way as conveyencing solicitors in the UK, and are only obliged to make sure that the formalities of a sale are concluded in accordance with the law.  They do not act in the interests of the vendor or the buyer.

Heroes Have am Always Been a Blasts yesteryear Team Squeezing Solitary is Square into am Round Hole.
Everything Else Money of Earn Bucks on net Multimedia a Nearly Good Deals net Access Dialup Service News Zines Other Pages of More Sites Points Programs ff Miles Household Screen.
Text message service get gap am gift card request two romance novels am Gillette Mach razor or sample a Click our latest or listings you can or lots of at this site or product samples Contact in.
Kick Trials hit a big Time in cruelest marathons move center stage August why of need read Owners.
Pg in Ratings open Pandoras shoebox Never power feeling youre dressed July not Quite Cake Walk but close is Techno st Century say Tomato he Says Tomahto.
Product in samples Contact put Engine Site Freestuff Freefind Freetry Online in Running Times Magazine October of Training or Racing Runners Shoes Guide or Mart Camps Pace Tools am Commentary in Articles is Editorials History one is View.
Novels in Gillette Mach razor sample Click our latest a listings you can lots of at this site a product samples Contact put Engine is Site Freestuff Freefind Freetry in Online or Running.

It makes sense to me.