Metal walls

oh

Top and bottom are "rails", uprights are "montants". The former are usually 3m with the latter varying from 2m to 4m.

No idea of price of wooden equivalent, we chose metal because it is straight, easy and IMO quicker - though you should have a special crimping tool.

HTH

John

not

Top and bottom are "rails", uprights are "montants". The former are usually 3m with the latter varying from 2m to 4m.

No idea of price of wooden equivalent, we chose metal because it is straight, easy and IMO quicker - though you should have a special crimping tool.

HTH

John

not

Sorry for the delay in replying - server full error message.

HTH

John

not

[quote]Evening all, just a quicky, can anyone tell me the french for the metal rails and uprights that are used for stud walls, and a vague price compared too wood? Cheers[/quote]

I am not sure if this is what you meant but the price of rails is about 2€15 and montants are 2€25 to 2€70  depending on length, according to the BricoDepot catalogue.

Liz (29)

[quote]Evening all, just a quicky, can anyone tell me the french for the metal rails and uprights that are used for stud walls, and a vague price compared too wood? Cheers[/quote]

I am not sure if this is what you meant but the price of rails is about 2€15 and montants are 2€25 to 2€70  depending on length, according to the BricoDepot catalogue.

Liz (29)

hi

or you can use wood !! no scant in france so you have to use the cheapest in your area , agree the metal studding is tinny but quick to put up .

the best thing to use " in our area " i say this because you may find 50x75 cheaper where you live is, chevrons (63X75) or roof joists in uk terms they are €4.35 for a 4 mtr length in brico depot ,but like everything else in franch the price goes up and down with the weather.they are treated so no rot and give a sturdy wall .you can also get demi- chevrons at you got it  half the size but 38 + 63= 101 for roofs this gives you 70mm of insolation layed virtical and then a second layer of 100mm horizontal with the demi`s used as spacers.

hard to explain pm me for details

dave

Yes, you can use them for ceilings, in fact they are great for that purpose, you can buy special adjustable hangers that you can fix to your sloping roof timbers and then clip them into the metal rails, you can then fix your plasterboard to the rails, the more supports (Hangers) that you have along the length of the rails the better. I will try and find a website to show how to do it.