Fly screens

Beris

Can you help me locate a product please.

We have stayed in a number of gites with plastic mesh roller shutter blinds in the bedroom, between the shutters and the window, which enabled her indoors to have the shutters and the bedroom widow open at night and keep out the nasties.

Now we are living permanently in France and the good weather is here I have been trying to locate this product to DIY. without success.

Can anyone help please, we are on the Aveyron, Lot border at Loupiac.

We've looked at these in Auchan.  They are a DIY cut to fit kit, only available in white AFAIK.  My neighbour has them and they're OK though the quality isn't brilliant.  Alternatively, if you can/want to spend a bit of money, contact a replacement window company who can install high quality mosquito roller nets colour coded to your windows if you want. We had ours installed throughout last year and they look fantastic.

Most of the big DIY shops sell them but as somebody has pointed out the price varies as does the quality. I found Leroy Merlin quite good (they have a website http://www.leroymerlin.fr and sell some stuff online), you can find your nearest shop on thir website. Theirs ar a bit more expensive but as I said very good. I found you need about a hour to fit one once you have all your tools together and the instructions are virtually all pictures, well they were a year ago.

[quote user="Chrissie"]  What I would like to know is how you replace the mesh after a few years of grot building up in it?.......[/quote]

Our blinds are black in color & 4yrs old, now we wouldn't be without them.......  MLW tells me [I]  you can dust or lightly vacuum them, therefore no need for replacing so far.

Another alternative to think about would be a mosquito net around your bed,  they can either be left up or removed when you make the bed.  The little blighters can't get you with one of these.  I'm alergic to mozzies and would not be without my mosquito net!

JT