Problems with ants

Mike1958

One part of our house is lined with wood panelling where over the last month or so we have started to notice what looks like grains of sand along the edges of the skirting board. This is getting progressively worse and tonight I have found loads of small what look like flying ants (really tiny) in one corner.

My guess is that there is a nest somewhere behind the walls which of course we don't want to take down.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a good product that will kill the ants and let them take the stuff back to the nest to kill the rest.

2. Is there likely to be damage behind the panelling - and if so should I worry

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Mike

Nippon gel is great, put it on a small coin and place near where the ants are, they love it and take it back to the nest, not sure if it is available in France, but being quite light, it would be no problem to stick in the post1

[quote user="Mike1958"]

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

[/quote]

I use the own label anti fourmis gel in a tube from Super U - excellent stuff and as it is tinted blue you can clearly see where you have put it.

Sue [:)]

There is an ant product that is in a spray can with a very thin tube (not sure of the make but possibly Baygon). You can make a very small hole to squirt the product into. We had the same problem last year and it has worked great.

If you have pets, these sprays and powders are not an option though.  We have found some little round "Anti Fourmis" disc-shaped containers of poison for sale in the local supermarket, which you can hide underneath something like an upturned flower pot - which the ants can get in and out of but pets and other animals/birds cannot. The ants were in and out straight away and seem to love it - much to their detriment. Worked an absolute treat and has cured our ant problem very quickly without risk to others.