Painting beams

Aitch

I want to paint the beams in our main room 'matt black' (which they have been previously) but cannot seem to find the right paint. I need to paint them before the insulation and plasterboard goes up. I have searched the forum archives and during our last visit a couple of weeks ago tried the local 'brico' and the 'Leroy Merlins' etc. Unfortunately they had nothing. Since returning home have tried the B and Q's .and cannot find any matt black type paint to do the job. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I want, so it can be done during our next visit.  Many thanks

Aitch

Have you considered wood stain rather than paint.

The stain will colour the wood to what you want (or as close as) but will also allow you and others to see the grain of the wood.

Most paints tend to hide the wood.

Thanks for the suggegstions. I have used 'lasure' but don't want to have a wood stain. They did offer in the local brico to mix the black for me but I declined. It would be too much work to strip it back and re-do it again, as well as the fact that I have just sealed and repainted the plastered walls. I think it would create too much of a mess. It's the last room to be done and I still have to 'lasure' the staircase, as well as the insulation for the ceiling, and the tiling, shelving and electrics, and not forgetting to clean the floors. You can guess where the brush is going!

Aitch

Peinture Acrylique Matt en Noir, available from all brico type places. ( Look amongst the wall paints, not the woodstains etc.) No need to faff about with anything else, but would look much nicer in finition Satinee. That's my professional opinion.

Aly