Cordless Drill

le rouge

I need to buy a new cordless drill-driver. From my initial research it seems that they are cheaper in UK than France. Is that the general view? If so is there any problem with using and English bought charger through a converter on the French electrical circuit which may not be 240v? 

I can't answer the bit "....may not be 240v", however I am still tripping back and forth with my cordless drills and have no problems whatsoever.  I do though use a 2 or 4 gang adaptor with a french plug, as my charger is a little on the big side for those converters.  My earlier ones used to be ok though.  (as are our mobile phones, golf trolley battery chargers etc etc)

We're all on 'Euro Volts' now and have been for years.

All mains voltage (single phase, not 3 phase) is a nominal 230 volts everywhere so no problem at all using any mains equipment whatever the country in the EU.

The plug/charger will be different of course so you'll need an adapter of some sort.

Don't know about the difference in price - but I did buy a Bosch drill in France recently and thought it a fair price, but then again exchange rates have changed.

However, one of my cordless drills I bought from Screwfix in the UK and it came with a spare battery and it was not very dear. The power of the drill is excellent and also has hammer action. Plus the batteries last a long time.

Paul