French property prices continue to decline.

With the latest Q2 property report from the Notaires de France showing the average price of houses and apartments outside central Paris continuing a three year decline with the annual fall to June 2015 being the largest fall recorded since 2012, having a second French home will only be for the rich and stupid!!

I had hoped that there would be signs of the French property market bottoming out, but no such luck and increasingly it looks like the pessimistic forecasts of French property market prices continuing to decline until 2020 are correct.

Never has the advice of rent not buy made more sense!

I have noticed this just inn looking at the asking prices on leboncoin.

When I looked for my flat a couple of years ago there was very little under 50k

Now I only paid 25 so I have nothing to moan about but I see increasing numbers of one bedroom flats asking around 35k and even village houses at less than 40.

I realise  this is at a completely different end of the scale to most people's properties here, but it reflects my own experience at my modest level...asking prices down 10/20% and getting closer to the prices places were actually selling for..

French property prices in 'rural France' continue to decline.

Where I live the housing market is booming. They can't build flats or houses fast enough.

People are still moving to France from the UK but still to the same old places. Brits want cheap houses but that comes at a price. Most do not realise that they are buying something that does not have a value.