Oven not working!

Jo

Ok, so we've had the fridge not working bit........ I turned my fan assisted oven on and while the fan works there's no heat at all[:(]  any suggestions as to what it could be? There is another oven in the range that is working fine and it hasn't affected the electric grill. I should perhaps mention the range is dual fuel with gas hobs, 8, and electric grill, 1, and electric ovens, 2.  It is just the fan oven that won't heat[blink]

Have you read the instruction book??  I say this, as when my oven - which I've had 7 years - 'packed up' recently, I discovered that I'd accidentally activated a previously undiscovered electric child lock which prevented the oven from switching on.  Once de-activated all was well - except for my rather red face!

Definitely sounds like the element. They often fail, though some can go on for many years.

Ebay is a good source of spares, there are plenty of 'copy' ones available if you can't find the real thing. Although the imitations don't generally last as long as the original manufacturer's parts, they are much cheaper, so it's worth buying two from Ebay so you are ready for the next time it happens, and most likely you will still save money. They are generally very easy to change, even an idiot like me can do ours in about five minutes without even taking the built-in oven out of the housing.

Generally they are easy to change but the fan oven elements are mounted at the back behind a panel and the screws which are quite small 4mm or so can become rusted in. The most recent one I have done was a Delonghi and they held the element with a nut and bolt so assistance to hold the nut whilst some one loosens the bolt may be required. 

The elements are in a coil shape held in with 3 screws and the electrical connectins are only the spade type.

Elf and safety unplug the cooker before attempting any work

Did read the instruction book Cerise, being female had filed it where it could be found for future reference too...[:D] Not a posh enough range to have those sort of features!!! Element sounds promising as does the info that it it relatively easy to change......Having turned the power off first[:-))] Thanks for that, very easy to overlook, and tight perms are SO last year......... Off to google now.......

Just a thought.

Our AEG fan oven has a strange quirk in that (sometimes) if there's been a momentary power loss, then the oven doesn't fire up.  You think that you've turned it on, come back 5 mins later to put in whatever and of course sweet fa.

I have to re-set the clock (!!) and then it all works fine.  Might be worth a try.