Drywall Collated Screws - Where in France?

stan

http://www.leofixings.com/productdetails.aspx?hdnGroupCode=2032&hdnProdCode=Pi4a73Yr2FVMh1L37TkBqw==&txtSearch=leo2033&chkDesc=&txtRangeFrom=NULL&txtRangeTo=NULL&cboSearchCategory=0&cboSearchFilter=A&hdntxtSearch=leo2033&hdnchkDesc=&hdntxtRangeFrom=NULL&hdntxtRangeTo=NULL&hdncboSearchCategory=0&hdnCboSearchFilter=A#tdimg

I have a Makita automatic screwdriver for plasterboarding walls. Does anyone know where I can buy the screws, as above, for the screwdriver? I usually source them from the UK, but surely they must be available here in France......surely!!!!

An enquiry on another forum a couple of years ago produce no responce.

Leroy Merlin were selling an expensive driver but did not stock the collated screws as a one off about the same time.

Bricodepot did a cheap and cheerful one based on Powersurger drill about the same time but stopped selling the belts once the first delivery sold.

I believe some Point P have 'vis en bande' but could not find them in the catalogue.

http://www.europe-outillage.com/les-accessoires-vis-en-bande-c-800_869.html

Thanks for the replies, it is much appreciated.....silly prices in comparison with UK prices. I would still save about 60% on French prices if I have them sent over from the UK, eg UK supplier about £7 per 1000... one of the French suppliers 35 euros per 1000!

[quote user="stan"][quote user="Iceni"]

Drywall - and I thought that this was a forum for English speakers.

John

[/quote]

Check out the link...that is what they are called!
[/quote]

[:D][:D] ... as opposed to what? A Wetwall perhaps?  [Www] Drywall sounds like an Americanism to me.

[quote user="stan"]Thanks for the replies, it is much appreciated.....silly prices in comparison with UK prices. I would still save about 60% on French prices if I have them sent over from the UK, eg UK supplier about £7 per 1000... one of the French suppliers 35 euros per 1000!
[/quote]

...Why don't you do that??

[quote user="ericd"]

[quote user="stan"]Thanks for the replies, it is much appreciated.....silly prices in comparison with UK prices. I would still save about 60% on French prices if I have them sent over from the UK, eg UK supplier about £7 per 1000... one of the French suppliers 35 euros per 1000!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will, now that I have seen French prices! The reason for the post was

that I have never seen them here in France and after several helpful

forum members placed links on here, I made the decision to keep buying them from the UK. I hope that explains everything to you EricD!

[quote user="sid"]

I'm sure you are right Alex. My comment was tongue in cheek, but I do have this aversion to creeping Americanisms, especially if I can describe it in English or French.

[/quote]

I agree. I wonder what they call plasterboard for ceilings?

[quote user="stan"][quote user="ericd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will, now that I have seen French prices! The reason for the post was

that I have never seen them here in France and after several helpful

forum members placed links on here, I made the decision to keep buying them from the UK. I hope that explains everything to you EricD!

[/quote]

Agree with you and I would do the same !

Stan.

Today I was having a sort out of my fixing stock trying to make some space and I said to myself "what am I going to do with these  boxes of collated drywall screws?", then I saw your posting!!!!!!!

If you want to PM me we can probably come to an arrangement, I dont know your location but if you travel on the Auroroute from Calais it is easy for me to be at the Assevillers services.

I have 4 full boxes of I think 32mm long collated screws less a couple of strips where I tried out my autofeed screwdriver that turned to be a chocolate teapot [:(]

Mines a "happy go luckie itchifanni rising sun pot noodle feng shui" special from Makro and probably available from any other undiscerning purveyor of K-rap.

You get what you pay for, Makita to date hasnt exploited their good name and reputation with badged junk.

The most annoying thing is I bought the autofeed screwdriver and collated screws before I had actually started the placo, I have loads to do and have already done about 1/4 of it, I now know that I dont really need one! Having a good léve plaque with a walk around platform means I can put all the screws in a ceiling board without getting up and down, if I were doing drywall all day I might buy all the toys.