Boiler

johnycarper

Can anyone help me with a problem as I have my French plumber here who is normally very good at most things but he cannot work out the problem with our boiler.It is a Bentone b10 fuv burner that fires up foe 3 minutes and then stops if you push reset it does the same again but no longer.. Its not the fuel as he has dome all those checks any ideas out there,

Thanks,

JOhn

I second Théière

We sometimes have the same problem. The thermocouple thingy gets clogged up with carbon and unburnt fuel. It's easy to take out and clean up. We had a heating bloke come in once a year to "service" the boiler. All he did was clean the thermocouple with a rag soaked in petrol and then charge us 120€ - so after watching him a couple of times I do it myself now.

Oops, I hope the plumber who didn't know what was wrong therefore won't know how to fix it, takes suggestions well. Especially when you charge them for fault finding.

Sounds all part of the big act of making a small job into a weeks income, which I cannot have the heart to do which is why I am poor. I must go to acting classes.

Mine has a "magic eye", a tube with a window in it. Is this what you are meaning by a thermocouple? If the burn produces smoke, it obscures the glass.

It also has upper temperature heat sensors that shut the flame of, could be one of those.

Is the central heating pump working? If its low water content boiler could it be heating up too quickly if water is not circulating round the heat exchanger?

Just an idea.

The thermocouple is the fail-safe sensor that sits in the path of the flame and shuts the boiler off if the flame goes out.

The start up procedure over-rules that signal back to the boiler to allow the flame to light but is time limited so fuel cannot continue to flow

Thats my understanding of it

I'm sure Theiere will correct me if I'm wrong[:)]

JB