How can insulation and plasterboarding be fitted around a door frame close to an adjacent wall?

Rtony

More plasterboarding questions.

I have a door & frame in the corner of a room. The doorway is in a stone wall and there's another stone wall at right angles, with the door frame very close to it

The question is: How can I stud, insulate and plasterboard around the frame to be able to open the door. The only way I can think of doing it, is to have a recess where the door opens.

I need a gap behind the boards for the wiring.

Any thoughts?

A blind guess sans access to any illustrations or pics; however, the usual approach would be to remount the door frame flush with one new studded/boarded wall, or the other, to promote sufficient space to allow the door to hinge back to nearly touch the now protruding wall.

It's tricky without photographs but the only answer would seem to be extending the depth of the door frame to meet the level of the new stud/plasterboard wall. If there won't be sufficient space to open the door because of the new proposed level of the wall at right angles to the door, I suspect the only answer is to use thinner insulation on that wall ... or cut a new doorway with more clearance. Bear in mind that it's taken me 15 years to ready my house for sale before moving to France, so my advice on construction matters is generally ignored.

[quote user="Rtony"]

Sorry but can't get photobucket to transfer photos.

[/quote]

You do not transfer the photos from photobucket. You post their internet address here and we can then go to your photobucket files and view them - provided you have allowed public access of course.