Fosse

Rich@bais

And here is a link to the delightfully named 'SPANC' who deals with this sort of thing

http://www.assainissement-non-collectif.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/le-service-public-d-assainissement-non-collectif-r11.html

Spats........ immature........... when I sit around a french dinner table, the conversations are pretty much as conversatons on here are. Everyone has their own point of view and usually these can be very diverse, at least with the interesting people I know, people will make comments, even  digs, even grandiose arguments, and some comments that could be considered silly or OTT, but what the heck.

Is that any different to chewing the cud in a pub????

Ignore what you don't like and get the proper info, but PLEASE, verify it too, this is a message board, c'est tout[:D]

He ain't rushed back yet Dave init. But ignoring the post above yours, we had a SPANCing a couple of weeks back, followed by a soil permiability test and are now th eproud owners of a coupe of sheaves of paper. So, when we do come to eventually sell up the new owners can see what they are going to have to do.

After 35 years of living off mains drainage I can see no reason why anyone would be sh!t scared of doing so? So, what's the problem or isn't there one?

I loved our Fosse system, as only the toilet emptied into the tank the rest of the grey water went into the main drains, as did the grey water from the Fosse tank. Best of both worlds and in the 25years we owned that house, not one problem.

When there are mains drains only, then people put inappropriate things down the toilet, ie:- tampons, sanitary towels, ear buds, condoms, and my SIL, a disposable nappy!!!!! Idiot!!!! Must cost a fortune to clean sewerage, especially​ somewhere like Greater London where the water is recycled.

[quote user="idun"]I often cannot makes out what the avatars are, but Dave's bunny has clearly swallowed a carrot.....Do you need to go to Specsavers ALBF!!!![/quote]

Oh your'e right.....its carrot. That is quite funny actually. I honestly did not get it. I thought it was some symbol for something. Like they have for Corse.

Back to Fosse's, the actual reason I would not buy a house with a Fosse is that I prefer to live in a city or very large town. That is all.

If I wanted to live rural, a Fosse would not bother me.

I lived in two different appts in a french city for two years........ AND that is the only occasion when I have ever had a blocked toilet in France. First floor flat with three floors above us, and ours blocked. Didn't dare ask if any of those directly above us had.

We had an awful weekend of no toilet at all and then well it was rather bizarre, Magritte like when we came to unblock it. Fortunately we did not have a 'flashback' from the other appts when ours unblocked. That had been a real worry.

D'accord ANO. Around 70c / m3 here.

It'll change though - Veolia et al are sniffing around. The Mairie (and I can't say that I blame them) will sell the reservoir for whatever and our bills will double.

To be fair though, they're pretty low just now.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Don't shout that out too loud Ernie or people will accuse you of fosse accounting mate [:-))]

[/quote]

And I wish Gardian wouldn't talk about people "sniffing around"......to me, being a dog owner, that expression means nose to the ground and actively smelling for things[:-))]

Please, I have lunch being cooked.......ugh!