Manual winder on patio shutter came off in my hand!

Doodle

Hi all,

Went to put the shutter up on the patio window this morning and the winder came off in my hand. Could someone please advise me of a website I can look at to see how and if I can fix it myself. The blind box is in the interior.

Thanks in advance Mrs KG - someone who is literally in the dark!

If it has detached at the top at the cardan where it goes into the coffret I can explain.

There will be a plastic collar probably now broken through UV deterioration that slips over and retains a small 3mm diameter drive pin, look around the floor and you will find the pin, replace it and slide the retaining collar back over, if its broken then use tape to repair or replace it.

The handle and shaft assembly is called a manivelle if you need to go searching, you can find the parts on the net, I searched for and found a source of the bouton d'arrêts which I need to retrofit to all my windows due to heavy handed customers.

Mrs KG wrote : Could someone please advise me of a website I can look at to see how and if I can fix it myself.

Something important/necessary broke in ours so, rather than fiddle about too much, my OH bought a complete new unit from our local Mr Bricolage and replaced most of the winder except for the part screwed to the wall.

OH is now in the 'retirement phase' of DIY - he repairs things by replacing them - but at least he effects the replacement himself !

Sue