Property Insurance

We have just purchased a barn for renovation - Work will not start till summer so it will be left empty for at least 3 months and is not habitable - Can anyone recommend / advise on a suitable insurance company ?[:)]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi J & M read your post on the Forum.  I've just purchased too and wondered apart from the one reply about AXA, did you receive any other possible names for insurance?  I have to have insurance from day of completion (about 8 weeks away now) and so am anxious to get "sorted."

Thanks, Bodie

Anothe big company is AGF - Assurance (ie Insurance) Generale de France. If you are going to France to sign for the house you will be sure to see a few insurance offices near the notaire's office. They will do the business for you on the spot. A mutuelle is another name for an insurance company.

Hi L&R   i read your reply about trying AXA for insurance (barn, uninhabitable and ready for renov.) but try as i might i cant locate the department that deals with French home insurance.  Any chance you could give more info, phone number, particular website or anything else that may help.

Many thanks, Bodie