Piégut-Pluviers: good place to buy or not?

Just thought I'd run this past the forum (where all wisdom resides).

Is this place twixt Angouleme and Limoges a good place to be?  Had a tip-off from an agent about a biggish farmhouse near P-P (what a mouthful) and would like some opinion before haring off to see it.

Am having some work done to our present house and the weather is a bit warm to drag the dog there so wish to do some homework first.

All comments welcome as I like to keep an open mind in these matters.

Thank you in advance.

Good to have some positive feedback.  Will get off my behind and take myself up there to have a look-see.

I think I am suffering from "nervous to leave base camp" syndrome.  Stupid really as the "big move" - the one out here - has already been achieved.

T-P, thanks, have sent you a reply.

Hi there,

We are in the final throws of buying a house in piegut-pluviers; we complete on tuesday. We had a good look around the Aquitaine region, but immediately fell in love with PP. The house we are buying is also the first one we looked at and is about 2 mins out of the town centre. The people are lovely and friendly and the town very pretty. Good luck with the farmhouse viewing.

want2move, All the Very Best with the completion of purchase and, of course, the move.

Erns, I have thought about what "good" means and I am sure that one of the key things is that you will be able to sell it on at some later date if you need or want to.

Now, let's have your definition.

[quote user="Gemonimo"]Sweet 17, if you move to Piégut-Pluviers, will you become Sweet 24?[:$][/quote]

Jen, it is for that reason that I was looking for houses in 16 (Charente)!  I mean Sweet 79 would sound even more ridiculous, don't you think?[:-))]

Hmmm, my definition of good ?

Being the simple fellow I am, and these days also of simple ambition, I would say that 'good' is anywhere where I'm happy to be.

For now and the reasonably forseeable future that is exactly where I am, in France that is, not offshore where I literally am at this instant, that is definately NOT good [:'(].

I don't think I have the same wanderlust as you sweets so resaleability, whilst important, would perhaps occupy a place not quite as near the top of my list as yours [:P]

At the end of the day, it is important where you are living but in my book more important is who you are with and who is around you!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

want2move, All the Very Best with the completion of purchase and, of course, the move.

Erns, I have thought about what "good" means and I am sure that one of the key things is that you will be able to sell it on at some later date if you need or want to.

Now, let's have your definition.

[/quote]